Sign in to follow this  
Malaphax

[TV] Mr. Robot

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4158110/

I picked this up partially on some recommendations I'd seen on reddit. I've watched 3 episdoes so far, and so far it's pretty good. One thing I saw mentioned several times when people posted about this show was that it portrays hacking in a realistic manner, and they're right about that. In general it does a halfway decent job of showing some real details, it's certainly more accurate than just about any other tv series or movie I've seen. This show is also one of the few times that I can appreciate a very socially awkward character, and not because he's a cyber security technician, but because the acting feels well done, and the inner monologues give weight to his unreliability as a narrator.

I've only watched the first episode but so far OK. I have to say they pulled zero punches on some stuff which surprised me. There is a really strong counter culture message. I'm allowing myself the suspension of disbelief and it's circling right on the cusp. Production value feels above average. Main character is kind of interesting. I can kind of believe the "socially awkward" thing they are trying to push.

As far as TV shows goes... more than enough to make me want to give it a chance and see where it goes....

I'm going to stop with the episode-by-episode updates after this post but 3rd episode and I'm still enjoying this TV show. I'm actually at a point now that I'm afraid of them doing something really dumb, taking it a different direction, etc.

Finished the first season. I like it as a whole and I would recommend it, especially if you have some fluency in computers, but I feel that it started stronger than it finished.

Bumping an old thread but I should have done that already last week.

I want to publicly make the statement that season 3 episode 4 is easily in the top 10 of my personal best TV episodes I have ever seen for multiple reasons; how it flows, how it looks, the unexpected turns, the acting, the references, etc.

EDIT: For clarity I am referring to "eps3.4_runtime-err0r.r00", the 5th episode of the 3rd season. The "naming" for the episodes starts at 0 per malaphax's response below.

Not to be an asshole, but it's episode 5.  They start their numbering at 0 and last week's episode was 3.4

I also agree, and I think the cinematography was fancy as hell but also helped show what was going on.  I know that parts of the 2nd season weren't quite as good as the first, but I think season 3 has stepped it way up. 

40 minutes ago, Malaphax said:

So if you thought last episode was good... better strap in. 

Meh. This weeks was good but last week was still special to me. More creative.