Overwatch

Malaphax

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The drop rates in general are pretty horrendous.  I think Blizzard has some of the worst consumer consumer practices when it comes to their add-on content.  Funnily enough Heroes of the Storm it's rather generous with their loot boxes and even allow you to re-roll ones that you don't like with in game currency. 

I think the general industry trend towards RNG boxes is shitty, I'm wondering how long it takes our law makers to realize this is basically a form of digital gambling and to go after some of these companies like China recently did. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't normally post commentary, but I think this is a fairly good video demonstrating why overwatch doesn't work very well as an e-sport.  Basically it's fully 3d and all other sports/esports are predominantly isometric views - mostly 2d. 
I think this explains why it's not terrible to watch a single streamer playing but it's absolutely garbage to watch an e-sports match. 

• 3 weeks later...

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20759166300

New patch:

• Junkertown map
  • D.Va changes - micro missles, fire weapons while boosting & less defense matrix uptime
  • Mercy changes - bonkers, just bonkers

On the one hand I dislike the mercy changes because it frankly makes no sense.  On the other hand, I hated 5 man res and mercy hiding being optimal.  I also expect a bunch of dps players might be interested in playing mercy now because when you pop the ult you can go absolutely bonkers. 

Like I mentioned previously, it's way too harsh.  I could understand cutting it 25% as it did feel strong, but I feel like this will make defense matrix feel like garbage.  I expect we'll see more reinhart and roadhog (already happening) in competitive. 

Also, I've run into a couple of roadhogs that still manage to 1-shot me.  I'm not sure if the combo is much tighter but it's still there.  Of course when I try it it never works...

The nice thing about the current meta is that it feels all over the place.  There's still people playing dive heavy comps with winston/dva and fast dps classes but junkrat is super strong and now with these new changes I expect more diversity. 

• 3 weeks later...

https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/events/halloween-terror/

The usual new skins/emotes.  Nothing too crazy.  I know this game has personally fallen off for me, but mostly because I've been busy playing other games.  I wonder what will happen when the usual November games release calendar hits, probably a pretty big drop in player population would be my guess. 

• 4 weeks later...

Blizzcon is going on.  Here's the overwatch stuff. 

https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/heroes/moira/

The new hero looks pretty interesting.  Plenty of people have asked for more support and preferably and "evil" support aligned with blackwatch.  I'm glad to see they put something together.  Her kit looks pretty basic so we'll see how she plays. 

EDIT: Here's the origin story video.  I like her casual/normal outifts and the asexual styling she has going.  Really shakes up some of the character design.  I'm not a huge fan of her base skin and the poofy sleeves.