Tactically Inept

The Division

Malaphax

1. So I check subreddit today and Hornet boss is still good to go and there will be no more updates or hotfixes this week?... we want to farm that again?
  2. My final haul from last night was: 3 golds (chest, backpack, performance mod) and a bunch of purples I have not sifted through yet. I could have sworn I saw 4 gold beacon things earlier but I double checked when we were done and that's all I got.
  3. I know I was not fully pulling my weight last night but, except for the jackassery at the end, I thought the challenging run went pretty smooth? If that is true, we could run that again or some other "easy" challenging mission? I'm only going to be better and better geared as we move forward.
  4. Is there any way I can better synergize with the team? It seemed like the security elite skill was kind of needed. Ammo box I already had and that was needed for sure.
  5. Turret works if it can stay alive but every time I deployed it in challenge mode it maybe got 1 shot off before being destroyed. What's the point of that? Turret health and turret damage stats are going to be a waste in that scenario.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The run last night went very solid, that is one of the easier challenge mode missions. For reference the russian consulate is one of the hardest challenge mode missions. We can try farming that one instead, but be prepared to get completely wrecked for the first sections until we make it to the boss. Technically the mission we did last night has the chance of dropping SMGs and shotguns (as well as gear) and the russian consulate has a chance of dropping marksman rifles and assault rifles.

If you want to be useful then bring cc and some way of healing and reviving. The security signature skill is very useful for running or just keeping people up in pvp situations, I think we should try and space out our signature skill use to better clear certain content. Turrets and roller grenades get killed pretty quickly by enemies at higher levels, I've seen more people suggest flashbang stickbombs, smartcover, or pulse as some of the better utility skills to have.

While I'm willing to farm the darkzone, there are a few things to keep in mind. First is that fact that you will inevitably run into people who are fully geared and will easily kill you and take your gear. Second is the fact that dark zone enemies scale all the way to level 32 and that means gold enemies not only hit like trucks but take tons of damage. I'm not sure our group has the dps to properly fight level 32 enemies, but we might be able to get away with farming 30's and 31's. I'll look into some of the better routes we can farm.

Also as much as I'm liking the game try not to get too focused on getting the best gear right now because when incursions launch next month there will be gear sets which I"m sure will outscale what we have now. Also player trading will help as well.

Welp someone found out you can loot from distance:

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/4cfbe2/psa_you_can_pick_up_loots_in_distance/

http://i.imgur.com/tNhvKDF.webm

That means all these runs will go even faster if we don't have to mess around with going out into the dangerous territory to get our gear.

On the one hand I'm super happy that stuff like this exists, on the other hand it's hilarious to see how much busted shit people on the internet can find out.

Good news everyone!

Incursion update comes out on 4/12:

Things to look out for - Gear sets, new pve content (hard), new dailies/weekly objectives, new supply drops in the dark zone which reward non-contaminated loot, player trading, they're adding gear score which will be visible in parties - now you can tell who's e-peen is the biggest.

Reddit recap of their livestream:

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/4crd9o/incursions_live_stream_updates/

Bad new everyone!

They're patching the exploits on April 1st (doesn't look like a joke to me). Exploit today because they patch tomorrow.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1424068-Changelog-April-1-2016-Maintenance

Also someone put together a list of all the current craftable gear and the base stats as well as their thoughts on it. I found this interesting.

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/4cqex3/i_bought_all_the_highend_weapon_blueprints_and/

Patch notes for 1.1 are released early. This is the patch that will add incursions and be release 4/12

http://tomclancy-thedivision.ubi.com/game/en-GB/news/detail.aspx?c=tcm:154-245851-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

Some highlights I noticed:

Trading is time limited : "You can only share items for during the first 2 hours after you have acquired them"

Recalibrating Gold items now costs money: "Recalibrating High-End items will now cost normal Credits instead of Phoenix Credits"

HUGE CHANGES TO MATERIALS AND CRAFTING: CONVERT EVERYTHING YOU HAVE UP TO GOLDS BEFORE THE PATCH

Increased costs for converting crafting materials and crafting High-End items:

• 10 Standard (Green) materials instead of 5 to craft 1 Specialized (Blue) material
  • 15 Specialized (Blue) materials instead of 5 to craft 1 High-End (Gold) material
  • 10 High-End (Gold) materials instead of 8 to craft 1 lvl 31 High-End (Gold) item

Changed deconstruction yield of Standard (Green) and High-End (Gold) items:

• Deconstructing a Standard (Green) item yields 1 Standard material instead of 2
  • Deconstructing a High-End (Gold) item yields 1 High-End material instead of 2

Looks like we'll be getting 1 new difficult piece of content and some new "named" weapons as well as gear sets. Unfortunately the crafting changes look awful, they've increased crafting costs by 375%, unless they plan on also changing droprates for gear this looks pretty rough. It becomes absolutely pointless to even bother picking up greens to deconstruct at that point.

Trading is time limited : "You can only share items for during the first 2 hours after you have acquired them"

[....]

HUGE CHANGES TO MATERIALS AND CRAFTING: CONVERT EVERYTHING YOU HAVE UP TO GOLDS BEFORE THE PATCH

[....]

Why? What? I don't understand.... I'll hold on to my phoenix credits for now... I hope those don't lose value too.... or panic buy vector... hmmmm

They're changing the rate of conversion from green to blue and from blue to gold. They're also decreasing the number of gold crafting materials you receive from dismantling gold items.

Because the change is so drastic you should convert every green to blue and every blue to gold before they increase the "cost" of conversion. I say this because the cost is increasing 375% which is... absolutely nuts.

Everyone is wondering how they're changing drop rates and rewards to compensate, but we don't have any hard news on that just yet.

There's no reason to panic buy a vector and if you want to horde phoenix credits that's a totally reasonable strategy. You might want to buy the gold vector that's available for cash from the special weapons vendor, it's not a terrible roll and if it would boost your dps than it's certainly not a bad investment.

Unsure about source link. Posting it blindly.

source - http://tomclancy-thedivision.ubi.com/game/en-GB/news/detail.aspx?c=tcm:154-245982-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

This was the main thing that stood out to me:

From now on killing a named NPC will grant you a guaranteed High-End drop! That’s right, you will now always get a High-End item from killing a named NPC of level 30+.

New drop tables have been designed to grant you just enough control to focus your efforts on specific NPCs, depending on your need. Each named NPC will now have more chances to grant a specific type of High-End item. By discovering the specificities of each named NPC, you will quickly learn which ones you should focus on in order to obtain specific items.

They're improving drop rates for HE (gold) items. Which is a step in the right direction, the nerfs to crafting are still ultra harsh, but they're design goals are that drops should be your primary source of gear and crafting as a secondary. I do wish they would allow us to recalibrate weapons in some way, but right now weapons are still a last bastion of 100% RNG, you get exactly what was dropped/crafted and there's no way to fix or improve it aside from getting another drop.

The real question would be if this affects things like daily hard mode missions, if you guaranteed a lvl 30 gold drop from hard mode dailies then that would be decent, it would also improve farming in the darkzone as well.

I'll be interested to see where this all goes, I also hope they eventually do a pass on weapon damage figures because shotguns and LMGs are still pretty crap compared to SMGs, Rifles and Marksman Rifles.

Powerplant is hard because of the timers, you need to know where each spawn comes from and only activate one of the pumps at a time. Otherwise you get swarmed and shit on.

Russian Consolate is similar, you need people to actively down the rushers quickly otherwise you get dumpstered. I'm considering putting some additional points in electronics and running the shield because I hear you become a huge aggro magnet for rushers and you can buy your team time to deal with them.

Challenging is obviously the next step up from hard, and from what I understand incursions are going to be similar to challenging at base level difficulty, but will also come with a "hard" mode that's absolutely bonkers and requires very good gear to even attempt.

LkJSKcr.jpg

Striker's Battlegear

• Set bonus (2): +20% enemy armor damage.

• Set bonus (3): +100% critical hit damage.

• Set bonus (4): Talent: Shooter (every consecutive hit deals 1% more enemy damage. Stacks up to 100%. Missing shots drops bonus by 2% Bonus is reduced by 1% every second.

Path of the Nomad

• Set bonus (2): +50% scavenging.

• Set bonus (3): +20% health on kill.

• Set bonus (4): Talent: Nomad: When receiving fatal damage, you are instead healed to full health. Can occur once every 10 minutes.

Tactician's Authority

• Set bonus (2): +4000 skillpower.

• Set bonus (3): +20% skill haste.

• Set bonus (4): Talent: Tactician's Authority: Every 60k damage your group deals adds 1% skillpower to you for a max of 100% bonus. Bonus is reduced by 1% every second the group isn't dealing damage.

Sentry's Call

• Set bonus (2): +30% headshot damage.

• Set bonus (3): +20% damage to elites.

• Set bonus (4): Talent: Stalker: Headshots mark the enemy, increasing the damage inflicted on the target by 15% for duration of 10 seconds each. A target can receive up to three marks.

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/4dwxgy/new_gear_set_talents_released/

Some people pointed out that since we have 6 gear slots you could theoretically get 4 pieces of one set and then 2 pieces of a second set.

Someone suggested this is the best map for leveling up in the darkzone. The estimate is roughly 7 hours from rank 0 to rank 50. Since most of us were hitting around 20 the other night we could probably do this route for an hour or so and hit at least 30.

The logic behind this is that there's very little XP difference between level 30 and 32 mobs.

jCLmGKT.png

Here's a list of how/where to buy or find the new gear sets:

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/4efyco/how_to_obtain_gear_sets_11_edition/

From what I understand the current incursion is roughly 30 minutes on hard mode and involves multiple waves of enemies in a static area.

On challenging mode the bosses are dropping a guaranteed 4 golds (except Russian Consulate which drops 2, probably a bug). Also rerolling stats only takes money now and all darkzone diagrams now cost strictly darkzone credits (although some of them cost a ridiculous amount). There are also now recipes that require DZ75.

List of DZ blueprints: https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/4efotx/blueprints_dz0106_all_in_one/

Also the Navy MP5 from DZ6 is now available on the special weapons vendor in the BoO for 154 Phoenix Credits which most people are suggesting as an upgrade to the vector.

Also I find this equally hilarious and slightly unsettling that they're now dropping brand named gear:

6fsmASf.jpg

• I'll buy the MP5. I'm not sure I have a better option right now or in the near future and I need more DPS.
  • There is apparently a lvl 32 AUG blueprint now but it's DZ75 pre-req lol....
  • Golds, golds everywhere.
  • We should try this incursion. It sounds like a survival mode. Easy farming that slowly gets harder?
  • Why would brand name stuff not be gold lol....

• I'll probably buy the mp5 as well (if I have enough phoenix credits) because I've heard it's a bit better than the vector and more accurate/controllable as well. Honestly the other thing I'll probably look to get is an LMG, I still really want one and I'll probably grab one up just for shits and giggles.
  • The Aug is definitely better but the reqs are too high for any of us.
  • Golds everywhere is great, it means people will actually gear up appropriately. I expect randoms to start comparing gear score immediately. Let the e-peen measuring contest begin.
  • Incursions are 15 waves (I think don't quote me) and involve attacking an APC. I won't go into details/spoilers I have some idea of how it works, and I've already seen multiple exploits for it (lol).
  • The brand name stuff comes in all rarities (which is reasonable) some people have gotten gold versions.

The funny part about the brand named gear is that it actually works well, I generally dislike in game advertising but considering this game is supposed to be "based in reality" it makes at least some sense. If they tried this in Destiny that would have been retarded.