Tactically Inept

The Division

Malaphax

So that 4 gold drops from bosses was in fact not what they intended. They've now cut it down to 1 gold per boss. They hotfixed that in this afternoon.

The netcode was shit this evening, Tino was dropping out all over the place, I was getting lag spikes and I'm not sure if it was strictly the lag or something else but challenging was a bitch this evening.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I logged on later than both of you. No lag. No issues. I mainly ran around in the lower level dark zone. Even if the 4 gold drop boss thing was an error, I still took down multiple named mobs and it was still gold every time, gold everywhere which is what I think they had intended and it feels right.

Is there some place where I can see a list or table or high level gear that is available from vendors? I want to swap out some armor pieces for better stuff to get my gear score higher but if I want Example: Striker Knees. Is that available from a vendor somewhere?

You can try this:

http://darkzoned.com/

There's normally a post on the division subreddit every day which includes the daily reset info:

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/4fknx0/daily_reset_info_419_420/

Try that out, most of the equipment on the Special weapons vendor does not rotate daily (but supposedly weekly).

• 4 weeks later...

https://blog.ubi.com/42953/

Update 1.2 releasing 5/24/16

I think what most people are upset with is that people can now cut the rope at extraction points (which causes rogue status) they expect even further griefing that what currently is happening.

I'm pretty done with the division right now, unless I start reading about how they fixed everything (doubtful) I plan on just moving on to overwatch and not really looking back. It was a fun game for the time I played it but I'm just not looking for a gear grinding simulator at the moment.

• 1 year later...

Played this last night with Tino and his friend Chris.  It was enjoyable.  I've heard that they've toned down the bullet sponge but with my shitty gear it didn't feel too different. 

There's plenty to do, in fact I'm rather confused on what's worth my time.  I'm doing a bit of research on what I should be doing and how to play effectively. 

I went from low 200's gear score to 256+ last night with about 2-3 hours of playtime.  They're throwing loot at you now, and in fact it's part of my frustration trying to figure out what's good and what's worth my time.  I still feel like my weapons aren't super great but at least my armor and gear sets are decent at the moment (I think).  I'm spending a bit of time on the division subreddit reading up on how best to gear myself and what's worth my time.  So far I'm still at a point where just about any content is dropping gear that I can use as upgrades, which is nice. 

So enemies seem to grenade spam now, and I guess there's a gear set which disarms enemy grenades and shits out bonuses.  Seems like it might be worth the time to try and cobble together one of those gear sets - especially now that you can create loadouts to quickly switch between gear. 

The game is still pretty, and runs great.  I came back maxed out just about everything and I'm still getting solid framerates with no noticeable drops. 

I'm still mostly lost on what to do and how to play but I've found a few things I'll post here which were useful. 

Vendor Item List - Resets on Fridays(?): http://rubenalamina.mx/the-division-weekly-vendor-reset/
This is extra useful because it's curated and the dude tells you what's worth buying.  I'll be checking this to upgrade my guns mostly but maybe some gear as well. 

Update overview:https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/wiki/update_18_summary

Returning player guide (still complicated): https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AF3Dh-HKMNjPy5lk7xw2GtJGqCM_6BUkYxjUWlxYcak/edit

Interactive map (zoom in for more detail): https://the-division-map.com/
This can narrow down where the named elites are - they have a 4 hour respawn timer. 

Gear Sets: https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/wiki/gear_sets
Right now I'm sitting on 3 reclaimer and 3 predator.  I'd consider trying out lone star or maxing reclaimer.

Currently I'm looking to basically collect as many green armor pieces as possible with decent gearscore (~240+) to have options of trying out different sets.  Ideally, I need to figure out how to hunt for classified sets (which are greens that have set bonuses that go up to all 6 pieces instead of 4).  I'm also looking to get some proper weapons and once I have those I'll figure out what the hell I want to do from there. 
I've heard there's no point in changing gear stats or upgrading gear unless you know what you're doing.  So just use whatever trash you pick up that has better numbers (at least to start with) and try to get 4 - 6 piece green gear sets. 

Solo stuff - I noticed that the map has these bounty board segments that you should try and clear out because they provide you with "intel" that lets you activate certain daily/weekly HVT missions.  We did 2 of those last night and I've heard the weekly HVT missions are a good way to get decent loot.  You might want to do these with a group because you only get one shot so if you go down you're fucked. 
The world now has gear score tiers - you can change the tier you're on in the map (it should prompt you).  I've read that once you hit 30 you want to get to tier 5 (max) ASAP as this basically means you'll fight harder enemies in the open world but also get the best gear available from the open world. 

At some point I might considering buying the DLC.  I've heard the underground DLC is worth it and has some cool elements.  It's $7.50 by itself.  The other DLC appears to be 2 different PvP modes and I'm not sure if it's worth it to spend the $15 on the season pass to just get it all and sort it out, or if I can be cheap and just spring for the underground.  Either way I need to play the game a bit more before I drop any money on it.  I also noticed that the prices were cheaper in game rather than on ubisoft's website. I don't know if that's a bug or what. 

Redownloaded and installed. Worked through graphics settings. Everything maxed out ultra pretty much but changed these settings after reviewing nvidia guide ( https://www.geforce.com/whats-new/guides/tom-clancys-the-division-graphics-and-performance-guide ) and went from benchmarking high 60s (like 68 I think) average FPS to 80 flat. Quality loss seems almost negligible based on the guide.

Ambient Occlusion
    Ultra

Local Reflection Quality
    High

Object Detail
    70%

Particle Detail
    High

Shadow Quality
    High

Volumetric Fog
    High

i was surprise that the expansion still cost like 30 dollars and i feel like the only thing worth getting is prob the underground(the first one). survival; ive never really play it (2nd one), and last stand is prob too pvp based

but each of expansion have new incursion and some new stuff i think.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

i hit level 30 over the weekend not sure how many hour i put so far. maybe 15+

now time to grind for the endgame stuff.

soo far soo good. 

Positive +

map design is fantastic, lots of attention to details.

enemy is smarter. flanking, new mechanics.

mission design is improved from the last division 1, set pieces and the different style of combat due to the different level designs. less default rectangular combat area. and verticality

visuals are better. more particles / lightings / effects / attention to details.

sniping is fun, feels good

from lvl 0-30 lots of content to do. bounty, projects, missions, side missions, activity etc... many more.

side missions are more exciting. side miss on div1 is boring and lame

lots of loot crates all over the place.

easter eggs and hidden stuff. i dont recall things like this on the original game.

level scaling on pve seems to be acceptable. i was playing with Brian which is 10 lvl down and he seems to be doing fine for the most part. cant comment on pvp have not play any pvp.

weapon attachment are no longer an item you unlock it once and you can attach it to any compatible guns. less managing mods on the guns.

Negative -

still bullet sponge for the most part but its better. ads feels good but boss still takes shiton of bullets to kill.

visuals bugs and game bugs, levels are more complex and sometimes shit just clipping, blocked, shit doesn't line up. its at acceptable levels for me but its there. i have no doubt they will fix some of this. cause they clean up real well from the beta i play. but then i know based on division 1 they also still left a few bugs that they dint fix.

the game does a really lame job explaining modding and crafting. im still confused on how things work. 

the ui on some of the skills are bad; not very intuitive to use.

sometimes enemy can get annoying. rush and flanking enemy does not make any sense; they would ran pass you ignoring the level design; not taking any cover.

i'll add more stuff throughout my progress into the late game content.

• 11 months later...