Sign in to follow this  
T1no

Official VW/Audi Thread

You can do better imo. In general, I wouldn't recommended buying electric versions of already existing platforms as it's most likely a conversion job rather than built from the ground up as electric.

You can do better imo. In general, I wouldn't recommended buying electric versions of already existing platforms as it's most likely a conversion job rather than built from the ground up as electric.

THIS - is a major impetus for me for many vehicles. Conversions usually sacrifice in trunk space or capability in one form or another. Ground up designs are superior in many ways.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/11/business/international/vw-emissions-scandal.html?smid=re-share

Only 9 people so far involved in the scandal which dates back to as early as 2005. I expect several more people to be implicated before this ends.

Additionally I still haven't seen what the plans are for the US customers. They can't strap on urea tanks, so some people are suggesting they strap on more powerful NOX traps, I'm still not sure how that will work. I fully expect some impact to MPG and Power/Torque in order for the cars to meet current emissions standards.

sooo while vw fighting hard to get those emission fix being passed. they are having crazy pricing with the inventory stock. apparently people are getting 5-6k below msrp. thats nuts.

inventory is not moving heh. great time to buy

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?7571778-Crazy-prices-on-2016-GTIs

I will be going to this feel free to tag along if you want or care. lmk

Its in Santa ana/Tustin Automall

DUBS ON THE COAST is a VW Exclusive Event presented by OCVW and Hosted by VW South Coast! Registration opens July 1st!

Established in May of 2012, OCVW has brought the Orange County water-cooled Volkswagen community together through local car meetups and gatherings. For quite some time now, we have wanted to host our own car show to bring out the community, along with the local tuning/service shops and parts manufacturers that our members utilize. Thus the creation of Dubs on the Coast, the only central OC based VW car show! Our goal is to have an event that not only caters to the community but to the vendors as well. We want our community to be informed and as best equipped as possible to get the most out of their Volkswagen. This is our first major event, and with its success we hope to host more in the coming years.

We have limited space so please register for Show and Shine ONLY if you want your car to be judged. If you would like to just attend we have ample street parking available for spectators. Spectating is FREE!

The dealership is going to have their Parts Department open on the day of the event with a 15% discount on all parts and accessories!

More info to come!

Rough Show Schedule(Subject to Change):
8:00a-9:00a - Vendor Roll-in & Setup
9:00a-10:00a - Show & Shine Roll in
11:00a-12:00p - Food Truck setup
2:00p-3:00p - Awards/Raffle/Closing Ceremonies
3:00p-4:00p - Event Teardown

Show and Shine:
We will be hand selecting cars that register for the Show and Shine for VIP parking.

Awards:
Top 3, Best Wheels, Community Pick, & Dealer Pick

Raffle:
**Items to be announced**

Food:
**Truck to be announced**

Vendors:
If you are a vendor and are interested in sponsoring our event please email us at dubsonthecoast@gmail.com

Cover Page Photo by JG Creative Photography

**Info here subject to change, please check back regularly**