Tactically Inept

[Netflix] GLOW

kuhla

I sometimes have to watch this in spurts. It's still funny but the cringe is pretty thick sometimes.

Also, considering there is come some crew connections to orange is new black, it's kind of funny how similar they are: Take a main female character, with an "educated background", throw her into a strange and new situation with a bunch of other women requiring her to do un-"lady"-like things and then start exploring the backstories of the other characters.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Finished season 2. Very much like season 1 so I liked it. They cleanly evolved past the the arc from the first season while not forgetting it. I kinda hope it ends here because I'm very worried it will go the same direction as orange is new black (considering there are crew connections to that) and that turned into a full on dumpster fire in later seasons.

• 10 months later...

Finished season 3. I still liked it but it started to deviate a bit from the formula used in season 1 and 2. More time spent on side characters. They pretty much ended the show though so it looks like they will avoid the possible outcome of going completely off the rails like orange is new black .