Sign in to follow this  
T1no

European Trip

Paris + Rome + FANGs

https://photos.app.goo.gl/yqetIw1P7RjNm0783

Germany (Munich, Ingolstadt, Stuttgart, Cologne)

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Z0KEtGa2p5iiqePI2

I have more photos on my slr these are all from my phone. might add later

Paris.

The city is honestly fine. Its not super clean its not super dirty either. 

immigrants who are beggings and just sitting bum is kinda sad. some have kids pets, and luggage.

its hella busy and people are just not tourist friendly. not all but yeahh...

food ? im honestly not a fan; Icecream, Gelato + deserts + croissant are fantastic.  

their subway is confusing as fuck. we have to ask people to make sure shits are correct. its prob fine but its just not obvious enough for me. maybe im dumb.

Rome

Its dirtier but with characters. old buildings, graffiti everywhere. 

people are much friendlier and they are funny. restaurant waiter by our hotels keep inviting us to sit to eat every time we pass.

food? i love pasta soo its good. except i dont like it if its too cheesy

Germany

Munich

i love this place. people are Super nice. one lady come up to us and ask if we were lost. i know this is like one encounter but i feel like people in general always have a smile and its much more approachable.

Autobahn i love this shit. i follow my speed limit and i was driving ok i think. nobody honk or flash me. the fastest i went was 180kmph. i couldn't go any faster rather comfortably cause its relatively busy and ford bmax (standard btw).

google map. works fantastic but when i have a shit signal the direction would lag and i would miss a turn and guidance, and it would change its mind and rerouted me to a different road altogether.

city driving is rather difficult because of above reasons + constructions. aside from the autobahn i wouldn't drive and rent a car any more in Europe because gas is expensive and parking cost $. im glad i did try it tho. 

food in germany; i was slightly worried about this. but it turns out i quiet enjoy it.

i like sausages in general but i just try the standards i dont try bloodsousages or anything crazy.

currywurst weinersnitzel. also had Swabian Maultaschen at the time i dint know wtf i was ordering but it sounded good. taste alrite. not sure if thats a german thing.

beer was fantastic the standard blonde they have around was pretty good.

Subway and long distance train.

easy to navigate make sense,  some confusion on the bahn but i can always ask for directions.

Ingolstadt

NO speaks engrish. i was only here for the Audi forum aniway

Stuttgart

some speak engrish. Porsche/ MB museum, even if you dont like car i think this museum is fantastic. they have soo much stuff and nice building, architecture.

Cologne

everybody speak engrish, i dont feel like im in germany not sure why. lots of different people or maybe cause i was already home sick.

Overall it was expensive trip

its worth it. enjoyable + hanging out with the FANG REN + Christina

love VAT, and no tipping is best.

get to see some cool cars and i was surprised very little/barely Japanese cars. Germans are better anyway :P . VW/AUDI/ Porsche / MercedesBenz/ BMW/ SEAT / Vauxhall / OPEL / Renault / Peugeot / Fiat or ban

NO i dint go to a full blown oktoberfest shitshow but i get to see people wearing lederhosen and havin a good time when we roam at night.

1. You mentioned food in Paris and Rome but not Germany.
  2. Yeah, parking and gas in Germany is $$$. Car ownership in general is more $$$ in Germany. Those are some of the reasons why you have more small cars.
  3. Every time someone ask me about Autobahn I tell them it's not as crazy as they think it is but it's a bit more intense because everyone is expecting you to pay more attention.
  4. I think tipping is a terrible system. I wish we could get rid of it.
  5. Thank you again for being comfortable with sharing photos. Speaking for myself, I do look through them.
  6. I still find it weird that Cologne did not feel like Germany to you but I've never been there so....
  7. When it comes to cars, people are biased about "local" brands. It's not entirely logical. 

That's all I can think of right now.

1. forgot.

food in germany; i was slightly worried about this. but it turns out i quiet enjoy it.

i like sausages in general but i just try the standards i dont try bloodsousages or anything crazy.

currywurst weinersnitzel. also had Swabian Maultaschen at the time i dint know wtf i was ordering but it sounded good. taste alrite. not sure if thats a german thing.

beer was fantastic the standard blonde they have around was pretty good.

what do you guys feel with the no turning right on red thing. i honestly think its not that bad. is it because of bike ? cause people in city flying in those things. i have to keep an eye on bike lanes while i was walking. dint want to get the stare down or plowed into by a bicycle.

4. yes i wish tipping also gone.

5. i have more shit from my slr but just havent had time to upload or looked trough them.

6. i honestly dont know. maybe last leg of my trip (homesick) and people are more diverse in general vs stuttgart/munich.

I'm not sure about the no turning right on red.  I'd be willing to live with it if we had more pedestrians/bikes, but in SoCal it doesn't make much sense.  Not to mention I've personally seen people ignore the signs for it in SoCal.
Also, yea avoid the bike lines.  In Copenhagen/Amsterdam they will run you over and tell you to get ass cancer (I'm not kidding).  Personally I agree with them, there are always pedestrian walkways as well so there's no reason to be in the bike lane. 

Tipping is bullshit. 

I think some bigger cities you get a decent mix of very nice and very rude people.  They're more used to foreigners and so they are often very accommodating, and then there are some people who either try and take advantage of you or they just don't care. 

58 minutes ago, T1no said:

Swabian Maultaschen at the time i dint know wtf i was ordering but it sounded good. taste alrite. not sure if thats a german thing.

what do you guys feel with the no turning right on red thing. i honestly think its not that bad. is it because of bike ? cause people in city flying in those things. i have to keep an eye on bike lanes while i was walking. dint want to get the stare down or plowed into by a bicycle.

You basically ordered Swabian Ravioli. Swabia is a region of Germany. "taschen" translate to like pocket/bag.

I'm ok with no turn on right. Less to think about. No guesswork.