Tactically Inept

[Movie] The Dark Tower

Malaphax

The last Gunslinger, Roland Deschain, has been locked in an eternal battle with Walter O'Dim, also known as the Man in Black, determined to prevent him from toppling the Dark Tower, which holds the universe together. With the fate of the worlds at stake, good and evil will collide in the ultimate battle as only Roland can defend the Tower from the Man in Black.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1648190/

Having read several of the books (5 direct books, and at least 1 supplementary book) I wanted to see this train wreck for myself.  Oh boy, it doesn't disappoint.  The plot is basic end of the world stuff and any magic or luster the books had are completely gone, replaced by super generic and bland visuals. 

Major credit to Matthew McConaughey, you can tell he's taking the role seriously and trying to be a fear inspiring figure.  Unfortunately the writing in the movie is so terrible, it turns his entire performance into something similar to an edgy teen's school play.  I'm not going to put this in spoilers cause fuck this film - The man in black says "stop breathing" with a little hand wave and people instantly collapse and die, this happens multiple times in the movie.  I'm not one to hold up marvel films as a gold standard but at least their interpretation of magic in Dr. Strange was visually entertaining, whereas the Dark Tower looks like utter shit.