[Movie] Justice League (2017)

imdb - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0974015/

Watched this over the weekend. Even with imdb's very popularity biased scores it only got a 6.9/10 and I think for good reason. I actually don't have any very specific reason for disliking it but I was just bored. A terrible threat appears, which seems less serious than some of the previous ones, and yet everyone has to team up just to handle it which somehow makes everyone seem weaker than I remember. I did not find any of the new heroes particularly engaging. The visual effcts and aesthetic are nothing new. The movie just goes through all the usual motions.

• 2 years later...

The original was heavily reshot, not quite as bad as Solo: A Star Wars story, but pretty bad.  Snyder had to deal with his daughter's suicide and basically bailed on the film to handle his personal shit (understandable).  I suspect that the "snyder cut" is either incomplete and/or a desperate ploy to get people to give a shit about the justice league considering wonder woman 2 is on hold until theaters reopen. 

I personally enjoyed snyder's superman movies, I enjoyed the darker tones and didn't mind seeing superman question himself.  There was a director's cut of batman v superman which I found better than the theatrical version (it filled in some gaps), but I doubt the justice league film can be saved in the edit. 

• 11 months later...

Zack Snyder's Justice League

imdb - https://www.imdb.com/title/tt12361974/

Watched the special cut. The original film had many problems. The special cut has many problems too but it also fixes many of the problems of the original film. It is very conveniently cut into "parts" which would have better suited a mini-series and it can be easily watched in pieces which you should probably do because it's LITTLE OVER 4 HOURS LONG. With the ability to compare both cuts it's surprising how badly the original material was butchered for the original release. The final result is something I personally think ranks about average compared to other comic book movies.

What would you say is above average and excellent in terms of Comic book movies? Not sure if your scale is an absolute rating or a relative rating.

9 hours ago, Jedi2155 said:

What would you say is above average and excellent in terms of Comic book movies? Not sure if your scale is an absolute rating or a relative rating.

In this particular instance my post was relative to other comic book movies.

Quick search list would maybe look something like this.......

IMHO above average comic book movies examples:

• Thor: Ragnarok
  • Avengers: Endgame
  • Logan
  • Constantine

IMHO excellent comic book movies examples:

• Nolan Batman trilogy
  • V for Vendetta
  • Watchmen
  • Blade 1 (*rose tinted glasses*)