Sign in to follow this  
kuhla

Battlefield 5

I think the bigger issue is that if you give axis soldiers the stg44 and allies something that isn't perfectly comparible you start running into CS style issues of one side having access to something the other side doesn't. 

If they wanted to appease both, it should be that your default weapon when you first launch the game is determined by the side you're playing, but shortly after you can unlock the other side's weapon to make it an even playing field.  I think that would be the best case scenario to explain why german soldiers are using bren machine guns and allied soldiers using gewehr 43s.  If you wanted bonus points you could add a small note about "captured/scavenged" weapons to give it some context. 

Sidenote: I did end up buying bf1 for $5 and got the DLC for free, it plays very fast and the TTK is very low.  There's grenade spam, and some other unsavory stuff, but the core gameplay loop is actually solid. 
I think you can still buy the game + DLC for $10 which might be worth it as an option to just jump in and shoot people.  I do expect the user base to drop rapidly after bf5 releases, but just like any older bf game you can probably find matches without issue. 

3 hours ago, Malaphax said:

I think the bigger issue is that if you give axis soldiers the stg44 and allies something that isn't perfectly comparible you start running into CS style issues of one side having access to something the other side doesn't. 

If they wanted to appease both, it should be that your default weapon when you first launch the game is determined by the side you're playing, but shortly after you can unlock the other side's weapon to make it an even playing field.  I think that would be the best case scenario to explain why german soldiers are using bren machine guns and allied soldiers using gewehr 43s.  If you wanted bonus points you could add a small note about "captured/scavenged" weapons to give it some context. 

Sidenote: I did end up buying bf1 for $5 and got the DLC for free, it plays very fast and the TTK is very low.  There's grenade spam, and some other unsavory stuff, but the core gameplay loop is actually solid. 

I agree and kinda of liked the idea of side limited weapons because its gives more reason to try that side other than its the other team/camo. I much preferred BF2's system where there were the base side weapons, but as soon as you get unlocks you can choose a weapon of your choice. Although I might consider limited to one side only types of unlocks and you'd still need to kill some dude to pick up the other sides weapon. I loved the idea of hunting around for the other teams weapons sometimes.

Two major notes.  The devs announced there will not be a second beta, or more accurately the second beta will be November 20th (aka launch day). 

This is a good breakdown of the changes coming.  I'm not a huge fan of the "fog" effect as a way to help soldiers standout, I'd actually prefer a slight outline similar to overwatch. 
https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/9hq5z0/dice_dev_talks_episode_2_open_beta_feedback/e6dndmx/?context=1000

I'm still in the camp that I won't buy this right at launch, I want to see a few reviews and wait out the inevitable issues that crop up in the first few weeks.  I may still get the game if I see enough positive feedback.

"Confirmed Netcode issues in regards to Time to death, "you receive more damage than you should be in one update, which is due to packet loss, netcode, delays and high rate of fire weapons". Currently looking into fixing this."

im not convince that this is the real issues. we've been having this issues since battlefield 3/4. i feel like they been trying to fixing it and just putting some dumb change log text but not actually fixing it.

shouldn't this on a engine level.  they make it sounds like every battlefield game is being built from the ground up.

i also notice pubg, rainbowsix siege, developer do this. they just add network improvement change log list but never actually resolve the issues. 

im not saying networking is an easy fix; its a complex matter, but why putting a change log list when its not fixed.

I find it amusing that Carl on Duty: Black Cops 4 decided to ditch the single player campaign because no one played it.  Then we have the battlefield franchise pushing their own single player content...
I wonder if Battlefield will cut single player from their next major title. 

i think they should. put the resources where its needed. rather have that honestly. 

I'm of the opinion that games should generally try to stick to either single or multiplayer.  The horrible trend where every single player game had to put in some shitty multiplayer elements so they could put "multiplayer!" on the box and try and sell more copies or multiplayer games trying to shoe horn in single player missions needs to die.  Most of these add-on elements end up being shit, even something like Doom had their multiplayer elements farmed out to a different developer.  I'd rather developers try to stick to one element and deliver on that as best they can. 

Here's the post launch roadmap.  I've read that Battlefield 5 has the largest post launch team assigned to it.  I think they learned what happens when you don't have solid post launch support (Battlefront 2) and they need this game to do well so they're throwing serious resources at it. 

Also battle royale won't even launch until at least march.  I have no interest in this mode, but it's clear when they made their announcement months back it was an off the cuff remark because some suit at EA said "all the kids are playing battle royale, you need to do that too."

https://www.ea.com/games/battlefield/news/launch-of-battlefield-5-is-just-the-beginning

Oh lord they're adding metro... excuse me "underground" as a map.  Cool to see they'll eventually add the pacific theater.
Honestly, I might do what I did with battlefield and wait until it's stupidly cheap to buy this game.

Also ubisoft E3 sale 

Division 2 and rainbow six siege on sale.

also rainbow six siege free weekend.