Tactically Inept

Destiny 2

Malaphax

i played a few rounds of crucible last night and i tried playing with the updated dj telesto. honestly i think its a fair update. i can still get kills but i just dont know the right number now. not sure if you can still one hit kill if you landed all the sparkle to an enemy with full shield.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Destiny is having a steam today to cover upcoming changes.  Engadget broke the embargo early and this is a summary of the upcoming changes:

• Base game going free to play - this last patch added both of the first expansions to the free to play (curse of osiris and warmind)
  • Cross saves for Xbox, PC and Google Stradian | Sony people get fucked
  • Moving from Battlenet to Steam
  • Focusing on "big expansions" going forward - next one is set on the moon

Overall it sounds like they're going the Guild Wars 2 model, where the base game is free but they want you to buy expansions and spend some in the cash shop.  As a note most posts on reddit really hate the redesigned cash shop right now, they feel that there ways to earn cash shop items in game.  I expect we'll get some additional details once the stream happens at 10am PST. 

this is exciting an all but i still feel like when i just grind this game by doing basic stuff i get boring shit.

strike

gambit

iron banana / crucible

heroic

the basic loop that they created is not exciting; sadly.

i have to play the raid/super long quest with guarantee specific loot/pursuit/dungeon < -- dont get me wrong; this is cool and exciting, but i thought this is a looter shooter. the regular grind is terrible since the beginning. end rant.

The gameplay loop is hit or miss.  I think most people agree some of the exotic quests/dungeons are the best content bungie puts out, and their raids are supposedly top tier gameplay. 
I'd be willing to try raids but I'd need to find random people willing to carry/explain some of it to me, no amount of youtube watching ever prepares you for the actual thing.  Not to mention getting 6 people together can require a bit of scheduling. 

I'm think their pvp in particular can feel a bit wonky, but I generally like gambit.  I hope that as they begin to add back more RPG elements and customization that will help entice people to play, instead of releasing a new exotic hand cannon every month. 
I also hope they learned from forsaken that they need to continue to add new subclasses and more quickly create and gear alternate characters - that can add to the enjoyment. 

I'm still satisfied with my purchase and hope they continue to improve the game. 

The current DLC for $15 is a good deal, but I could totally understand just waiting for the big expansion in September. 

My understanding about the account merge is that you will select one account to be your "main" account and that information will be utilized on any platform (steam, stadia, ps4, xbox) which seems fairly reasonable. 
I haven't played much of the current season but it seems like most people are happy with it.  The last seasons with gambit prime wasn't that interesting for me. 

• 2 weeks later...

Got mad at a few people using the exotic Truth rocket launcher, so I looked up the quest and grinded it out last night - thanks Tino for the help. 
I haven't tried it out yet, but I might try using it in gambit to be lame when invading/countering. 

I'd still like to do the outbreak perfected questline if possible, I hear the mission is very cool and similar to whisper of the worm in terms of complexity - it's basically a dungeon with a 20 minute timer. 

This is a decent starting point for current meta weapons and exotics.
izKMKZB.jpg

2 hours ago, Malaphax said:

Got mad at a few people using the exotic Truth rocket launcher, so I looked up the quest and grinded it out last night - thanks Tino for the help. 
I haven't tried it out yet, but I might try using it in gambit to be lame when invading/countering. 

I'd still like to do the outbreak perfected questline if possible, I hear the mission is very cool and similar to whisper of the worm in terms of complexity - it's basically a dungeon with a 20 minute timer. 

This is a decent starting point for current meta weapons and exotics.

I will try to work on the pre req for outbreak perfected and maybe we can try the final mission on the weekend?

2 hours ago, T1no said:

soo we ready for the RAID right ? want my One Thousand Voices

You know another 3 people that play this game?

Look honestly I"m up for pugging a raid on the weekend, but I fully expect I'll need to clear 1.5 hours of my schedule to accomidate. 

10 hours ago, kuhla said:

I will try to work on the pre req for outbreak perfected and maybe we can try the final mission on the weekend?

Ok. I did the mission so I got the part. Also went to the 6 lost missions and got those parts. I parked at the farm. I think I'm ready for the weekend. The maze looks long.

The quest is first to open that door and get the fallen transponder, then you need to pick up 6 items, after that you go to the farm and do the mission.  @Tino if you haven't done the 6 item pickup, please do that so we can run the mission later. 

https://www.polygon.com/destiny-2-guide-walkthrough/2019/5/7/18535723/outbreak-prime-perfected-exotic-pulse-rifle-fallen-transponder-nodes

• 2 weeks later...

Yea, looks like it needs to be in the playlist in order to count.  You can either load strikes until you get the corrupted strike or you can just utilize any lost sectors in the zone near the strike you start.  Depending on the planet you can even have the team split up and farm different lost sectors. 

Either way this farm is going to be pretty damn slow, I'm probably going to just go a run or two every so often rather than try and hard grind for this. 

• 5 weeks later...

These are some guides I found for the solstice event currently going on. 
https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/cjxnn1/solstice_of_heroes_guide/
https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/cjs75r/cheese_forever_guides_for_the_solstice_of_heros/

This event lasts 1 month, and the armor carries over to armor 2.0 when shadowkeep launches.  I'll slowly grind towards this.  The armor looks cool and you can buy glowing components if you want to really look snazzy. 

I also want to grind quite a bit of ranked pvp over the coming month, I'd like to work towards getting recluse which requires 2200 rank, and happens to be a really strong weapon choice.  Considering lord of wolves was rightfully nerfed, I might end up trying a few new ideas in ranked play.  I had been using a weird arc/melee focused layout and I should probably figure out a different setup.
Solstice_Gear.gif

Solstice_Gear_Glow.gif?cv=3983621215&av=

• 2 weeks later...

i wish they make a video director cut

the bounties tab is nice but i want them to just make them automatically active or even just put them in one place to get them. im tired running around the tower / another planet every-time i want to play XD

There was a screenshot from one of the previous bungie videos that showed bounties available in orbit / loading screen.  I'd be ok with that system.  They would have to rework how glimmer functions if the bounties were completely automatic, which I would be ok with. 

The next big set of news will be gamescom in a week where bungie is going to talk at length about shadowkeep and new features.  I also expect a bunch of other games news, but the cyberpunk walkthough/demo is going to dominate the gaming news cycle. 

I also expect they'll be changing pvp significantly when shadowkeep releases, several people think that either supers or heavy is going to get changed substantially. 

Finally I really hope they go back and clean up some older content.  I'd like to see them make upgrades to the past season's stuff, and maybe even give it to free players on a delay - I think 1 year or 18 months of exclusivity might be reasonable.  I think that they need to fix forges, make them account bound, allow access from orbit and add a chalice style system to try and farm specific weapons/rolls.  I think the reckoning needs serious work and again some way to specifically target what loot you get. 

Not sure I like that they're trying to figure out which version of gambit stays, I have a feeling it's going to be gambit prime that gets picked and they'll need to rework the gambit armors sets if they do that. 

This is a reddit thread that tried to tl;dr the stream about armor 2.0
https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/cqp7et/armour_20_everything_we_know_so_far_affinity_mods/

Honestly my opinions on the armor change are very mixed.  I like that they're reducing some of the randomness of the game, and I understand imposing certain restrictions with void/arc/solar armor types.  But they mentioned some weird stuff about exotics being fixed rolls if you pull them from collections and that we'd need to chase exotics with the rolls we want?  That makes no sense and seems like they've just made our current exotics redundant, which will piss off lots of people.  I'll need to see this in action before I can make any final judgements.  They're also suggesting that they'd rather players slowly migrate to the new armor system rather than just blow the old one up.  I get the reluctance to go full Cortes and burn the ships, but at the same time I'd almost prefer a soft reboot than this weird mix of both systems being used for a while.  I wonder how long they'll support the "old" armor, and when they'll finally draw the line.  They also aren't mentioning weapons at all, and I suspect they want to keep weapon rolls very random to keep people chasing gear.  The guild wars player in me dislikes the random, but I understand where they're coming from. 

This is part2 of the wall of text from one of the lead devs talking about the past and future of the game from a top-down perspective. 
https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/48064

The article starts talking about power levels and it seems to go up to 1000, but I'm not a fan of a long power grind.  I also dislike the idea of people having power advantages if they do pinnacle activities because it basically gives raiders a power advantage.  I'm still interested in trying raids (or joining an actual clan) but I know it's a pretty big time investment and that's a bit of a barrier for me right now. 

I started on the ranked pvp grind last night, so far so good, but we'll see if it gets harder as my ranking starts to climb.  No idea how their elo/ranking system works.  My primary goal is to get recluse, but I did end up picking up the revoker bounty and I'll see if that happens somewhere along the way.  I already have 2 good snipers so it's less of a priority. 
I managed to finish the wendigo grenade launcher quest, it seems like it does crazy damage but it also has zero splash and there is some projectile speed you need to work with, so if the bosses are moving around too much it can be an issue.  I'm also fairly close to getting the hush bow, so I might just alternate between ranked pvp and gambit to try and switch it up. 

I finished the solstice armor, it was a pain in the ass but mostly reasonable.  I also dumped a bunch of bright dust into getting the glows because: why not?  As a note, eververse bounties are instant resets, so you can complete one, and immediately go back to the tower and pick up the same bounty.  This allows for some relatively quick farming. 
This week we've got an especially easy note to farm for 70 dust, see this thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/cqotol/easy_bright_dust_farm_for_anyone_who_needs_it/