Sign in to follow this  
kuhla

Burned out on news.

I'm the guy that usually reads/listens to more news, both national and worldwide, than anyone I interact with on a regular basis but I'm burned out. Right now it feels like non-stop....

• ...Trump screws up XYZ...
  • ...climate change is happening faster than anyone expected meaning...
  • ...Russia found destabilizing ABC...
  • ...Chinese corporate espionage continuous to be a problem for...
  • ...Brexit in chaos so...
  • ...government shutdown continuous...
  • ...expenses at an all time high with no change in wages...

....every time I check the headlines or listen to the radio. I cannot really tolerate it anymore. Makes me mad or depressed. As much as I enjoy being one of the most "informed" people in the room, it's not worth it.

I don't know if I can stop myself from still being "pretty well" informed but I'm going to force myself to listen less to news radio and spend less time checking local/national/world news.

soo true, i am currently switching to listening to random youtube shit instead of npr during my drive to and from work.

I probably listen to the news about 1/3rd of the time. Its 1/3rd NPR/news, 1/3rd music, and 1/3rd silence.

The news has long been sensationalized to me, but I only use it to get some important statuses of whats happening in the rest of the world but it doesn't really impact my daily life. Many people do not listen to the news at all and live perfectly content lives.