Sign in to follow this  
kuhla

[Movie][Animated] Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse (2018)

imdb - https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4633694/

I was curious about this because I saw a lot of comments saying this was better than most animated superhero movies. They were right. There were a lot of moments where they heavily stylized the animation which I feel helped action scenes flow much better. There were times when the "fps" of the animation felt low (it's cgi) but then there were others that were very fast so I am not sure whether this was done intentionally or not. The dialogue was mostly funny and did not take itself too seriously (I'm not sure how seriously you could do a storyline that included spiderpig). If someone was very into superhero movies and/or animated movies I would recommend this. The trailer above is pretty accurate of most of the movie's content.

I'll put this in spoilers just in case, but this breakdown talks about how they played with the animation frame-rate (sometimes even having 2 characters with different frame-rates in one scene) and also utilized smear frames.  Unfortunately other techniques like the weird color shift for backgrounds just feel off.