Sign in to follow this  
kuhla

Western Digital Easystore 10TB External HD

So for a long time the Western Digital Easystore 8TB were like THE choice in hard drive deals because you could shuck them (remove the external casing) and use them as internals and they were cheap.

It seems like 10TB has replaced 8TB based on all the recent sales. Usually ends up around $160.

If you need storage....

list of recent sales: https://old.reddit.com/r/buildapcsales/search?q=title%3A10TB&restrict_sr=on&sort=new&t=year

There will come a day when I decide to upgrade my NAS storage, but I'm just not there.  Storage costs seem to have cratered across the board, with super high capacity HDDs becoming cheap, high capacity SSD/Nvme drives becoming fast and cheap - it just seems like it's a great time to be a consumer purchasing storage. 

Sidenote: I"m still waiting on the next gen HDD tech we're supposed to be seeing, namely HAMR and MAMR drives from Seagate and Western Digital respectively.  Last articles I read said we'd see drives based on that tech in 2019, but I haven't seen anything since.