Sign in to follow this  
kuhla

[Movie] Avengers: Endgame (2019)

imdb - https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4154796/

Finally watched this the other day. I liked it and I would go so far as to say I think it was one of the better marvel movies.

Sidenote: I feel like I was the very last person to see this movie but somehow I avoided the majority of spoilers all this time (but not all of them).

Various notes:

• I felt like the use of time travel in this was very tasteful. There were so many opportunities to briefly revisit characters and moments from previous movies from a different perspective. Also a lot of "you cannot change the past". Which I think helped a lot with....
  • This avoided having a sickly sweet ending. Yes the good guys won but they lost some people permanently (as "permanent" as you can do in a comicbook universe) and there were still those years that rolled by where everyone had to deal with the loss. A lot of movie felt "somber" for lack of a better word.
  • I want to specifically mention that "all female team up" moment because it felt pretty forced but I'm OK with it.
  • Power levels were weird in this. Characters seem to get more and less powerful depending on the scene.
  • Those first 20 minutes. Damn it moved it fast. Which was probably a good thing considering how long the movie was.

I could write more but I think that will do for now.

• I appreciated the somber first act because it felt appropriate.
  • The power levels were totally busted in this.  You see captain marvel straight up destroy a massive ship like it's a joke, but then she can't beat up some random small enemies or even hold her own against thanos. 
  • I think they did a better job with this film of splitting up the team to make it more manageable.  Also they circled back to the "core" of the avengers - which was oddly enough the 3 characters that have had movie trilogies. 

If you want a bit of a laugh watch a few minutes from this review.  Where they compare this movie to Voyager's final episode.

https://youtu.be/dAni8PwSvSA?t=501

7 hours ago, Malaphax said:

If you want a bit of a laugh watch a few minutes from this review.  Where they compare this movie to Voyager's final episode.

https://youtu.be/dAni8PwSvSA?t=501

Funny you should say that, this is from the IMDB trivia: """Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige credited "Star Trek: The Next Generation: All Good Things... (1994)", the series finale episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation (1987), as inspiration for this film. """