Sign in to follow this  
Jedi2155

Car Washing

Just wondering, how do you guys wash your car today?

• I let nature wash it for me
  • I use paid automatic car wash
  • I use paid hand wash
  • I hand wash myself

I use to do paid hand washes by my office in Pomona ($8-12/wash that was a pretty good job, although now its $15). I also use to hand wash at my companies wash bay but since I've moved offices I've lost access to that resource.

Most recently I got my new car with ceramic coating where I've only been using a waterless wash & wax for the past year. Been pretty good but most recently I ran over a recent tar puddle in Anaheim and got a thick layer of either dirt or dirt+tar on my car. I invested in a foam gun from the Chemical Guys ($25 only) at the OC Autoshow because I wasn't ready to invest in a pressure washer + foam cannon just yet.

Have to say the foam method is much easier to use to clean than than old 2 bucket method with scrubbing....what are your guys thoughts?

If I have time, which probably means on a Saturday, I go to one of the paid hand wash places in Fullerton but this process usually takes an hour no matter where I go so I try to time it around lunch and bring lunch with me to eat while waiting.

If I have very little time, during the week, my looks really terrible, and it's a warm, dry day then I hit up a self service place (like this one) and do one timed spray session of soap and then one timed spray session of low-pressure "spot free" rinse. Usually takes me less than 15 minutes and costs $4 total ($2 per session).

My work has banned getting your car washed in the parking lot, even if it is in an area with no other cars nearby. I heard a story that this was popular at one time and had a whole group buy-in and someone in management complained.

I would very much like to get my car the full treatment someday, clay bar, etc. but that is a multi-hour Saturday commitment according to the two places I have called and it's kind of low on my priority list.

i only do touch less or i hand wash it myself 2 buckets system every time. i don't even let dealer wash my car. i have a foam sprayer thing but i don't use it . waste of soap and it doesn't suds as much as i like.

i would use foam cannon tho.