Sign in to follow this  
ben the jew

British MI6 confirms bin Laden nukes

It seems to me this topic is simply rejected as a threat, or over looked.

Source: http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=50090

MI6, Britain's secret intelligence service, has identified six Pakistani scientists working in Iran's nuclear bomb program who have been "advising al-Qaida on how to weaponize fissionable materials it has now obtained."

MI6 and the International Atomic Energy Agency believe the scientists have played a major role in enabling Iran to be "well advanced in providing uranium enriched materials for nuclear bombs," said Alexander Cirilovic, a nuclear terrorism expert in Paris.

Both high-level MI6 and CIA sources have confirmed the scientists would only have been allowed to assist al-Qaida with the authority of Iran's unpredictable President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.

The revelation comes at a time when Washington has increased pressure on Tehran to give up its nuclear weapons program.

The scientists worked for Dr. A.Q. Khan, the "father of the Islamic bomb," who is now under house arrest in Pakistan after confessing he had provided both Iran and North Korea with details of how to make their own nuclear bombs.

The MI6 report to other intelligence services followed bin Laden's recent threats to unleash a new wave of terror ? with Britain and the United States his prime targets.

See also:

Some people argue that it is just to scare us and that there is no way for them to get their hands on nukes... I disagree.

Just how many nukes did we have in the 80's and all throughout the cold war....

Not to mention the russians seemed to have more. Alot of those weapons and the nuclear matieral inside have gone missing...

so yea... i believe they can get nukes. But at the same time, i also believe if they nuke "the infidels" It won't be more than 1 or 2 and not cause significant damage to incapacitate america and then you have your second pearl harbor....

Yea if you piss off the united states we will bring down some serious shiet... This has been proven countless times.

Lets say a dirty bomb went off in LA and NY tommorow that a few diff things would happen...

(1) The president, to a degree, would be "vindicated" in regards to his national security programs. He would undoubtdly come out and say (implied) "...you said I was crazy about national security, about wiretapping about trying to enforce more border security about WMDs ending up in the hands of terrorists and now look and see by not supporting me then and opposing me at every turn you (congress/public) are partially to blame for this." This could notch up the war effort a bit as well as bring about more national security measures.

(2) Or.....the public/congress could end up saying that with all that the Bush administration did was pointless since it didn't prevent anything and the whole country could swing to some sort of semi-European stance on the whole subject.

(3) Everybody freaks the hell out (New Orleans anyone?) total chaos ensues, I go to my brother's house and proceed to arm myself to the teeth for the coming armageddon which I plan to survive thank you very much

Well think about how that effect the economy, especially if one went off in a major city such as NY or LA. Everything would come to a hault. Then it would be blamed on the Bush administration and their lack of national security (not that I believe we have sub-par national security). The fact is, when it happens, no one will have been able to stop it.

We need to keep in mind that this has religious origins... the religion of Islam and their hatred toward Western civilization and all materialistic societies alike, and they will kill for their beliefs. Or as they put it, be martyrs.

Also, Iran (who many believe is giving aid to al-Qaeda) says

Source: ]http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...hcmodule

If the U.S. ventured into any aggression on Iran, Iran will retaliate by damaging U.S. interests worldwide twice as much as the U.S. may inflict on Iran.

The above is quoted from Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, Iran's supreme leader.

But maybe I am venturing too far off topic...

I am very concerened about the middle eastern situation with the nukes and whatnot however I am hoping that our current people are capable enough to prevent this from happening.

As for the number of nukes the US possessed in the 80's...I think the Russians had around 10,000 nukes and the US had around 30,000 nukes at our height.

But I was researching recently about nukes, and their apparent storage life. If you don't keep maintenaince on these, the trigger eventually wears out/distingrates (in about either a couple of days or a few years depending on the type of trigger) and the nukes becomes useless as a weapon although the material itself is stilll usable. So yeah....