Tactically Inept

Please don't kill me for this...

Ok i know this isn't airsoft, and i know alot of people who play paintball and people who play airsoft do not mix. Unreal tournament vs Counter Strike and all that crap.

But I (like many other fine companies) am an equal oppertunity employer. I went paintballing this weekend (today actually) and it was pretty fun. Don't get me wrong the guns don't work past 20 meters and the spraying and blind fire is pretty freaking rediculous. (i went with a group so we had our own ref so it really wasn't as bad as just picking up a game). But anyhow this is beside the point.

I get out of school on June 15th. I want to see if i can gather up a game for paintballing on the 16th (that would be a friday) I would plan on doing it at the same place i went to today for a few main reasons

www.cppaintball.com

Yes it is stationed on a marine corps base. Yes you get to drive by a helecopter section and stare at all the pretty helecopters and make random bf2 comments about how you should turn left to havock the paintball fields. blah blah blah. But the main reasons why i would suggests here (even though it's a bit of a drive) are that it only takes 15 men to make a group, rentals were pretty reasonable. The maps were pretty fun. I mean we only played 1 truly urban map, and most of the time i was rushing a damn hill (got my ass kicked both times). I think the guys there were pretty laid back and what not.

Ok enough of this spamming, the main point is this:

Paintballing

when: June 16th (friday)

where: camp pendleton paintball fields

who: To tell you the truth i'm only offering out of curtousy so please don't flame me just either don't respond or say no. I'm also planning on grabbing up a few more friends so I would probably limit the group at 24.

Now i know you guys are all out of college and airsoft season is prime (i know for a fact you guys will be looking for games this summer) But i'm just letting the offer out to anyone i personally know or have met on these forums (just about everyone).

(1) June 16th is a little over 2 weeks from now so I will have some time to think about it. You can pretty much count me in if everyone else goes though, same as T1no. I would never pass up an opportunity to shoot my friends.... :mrgreen:

(2) You mention the analogy I have used in the past...

do any of you guys interested on dooing this ?http://www.dromo1.com/

Hmm. Maybe. I will have to go read more on their website but I am worried that I just may not be worthy and screw up :shock: I don't think I'm don't think I would be very good at racing....I blame lack of experiance in fast/sporty vehicles..... that I haven't had any car over with more than 120 horsepower that wasn't also a truck or a friggan volvo tank that handled like a boat.

EDIT : Oh..and...why is this in the airsoft category? :roll:

I have not yet responded as I have not yet read the entire post but for this question

EDIT : Oh..and...why is this in the airsoft category? Rolling Eyes

malaphax asked me if he could, and I let him. Since the thread refers to airsoft it can somehow work there. On the other hand it could also be moved to the retards section which could also work.

malaphax asked me if he could, and I let him. Since the thread refers to airsoft it can somehow work there. On the other hand it could also be moved to the retards section which could also work.

I didn't move it, was just curious the reasoning behind it being in here.

as for the thread being in this section i mainly did it because if i put it in the spam thread it gets lost in 2 days. Also i'd like to take this a bit more seriously and so far no airsoft threads have been spammed to death.

As for the paintballing, i mentioned going out to camp pendleton paintball. Now as for the problems kuhla brought up, i'll give you guys the current sit-rep on why i want to go there and so on.

Ok, for the entire day per person (including a gun, with infinite gas refills for the day... (however we will probably have to buy paint) it cost 32$ a person, if you bring your own gun it's 20$ If you want to upgrade guns and get the slightly better equipment (i might do this just to see how the slightly better guns work) it's approximately 9$ more, however you have to pay for gas refils 1$(you are running on a much larger tank, the one person in our group that rented this to my knowledge did not need to fill up once during the entire day.

Now my main concern about this is paint, they state in they're policy that "if you rent our stuff, you shoot our paint" So sure enough... their paint is gonna be at a primium, prices are as follows:

100-round bag: $4.00

500-round bag: $16.00

2,000-round case: $62.00

Now Because when i went we only had 5 renters (out of 16 people) we used the paint that all the non-renters brought with them, and the ref didn't really seem too overly concerned. So, i might see, if we can buy some extra paint and take it with us, if we can't use it we won't open it and ergo should be able to return it (hopefully). If not then we have to just pay there pretty crazy prices.

Also the big thing that was mentioned is speedball, this place has just 1 speedball course. Personally i'm not a big fan of speedball, cause inevitably the better equipment and the guys with the highest rate of fire win. (Spray + Pray + Blindfire + CC = OMFG!?!?!) Most of there maps are pretty decent sized, (2-4acres) And most of the time we'd probably play elimination, or maybe some ctf, but that inevitably it turns into elimination.

One big thing is that cause i'm planning this (i'll be making the reservations probably this weekend) We are a private group, which means you will at the begining meet everyone you will be playing against, and it will be just the people i invite. Most of the people i will be inviting to my knowledge do not have they're own equipment. So don't worry about getting demolished by someone with better gear.

The last thing i should touch on, is that this is from 9am to 1pm. Because it takes a bit of time to drive out there, we would probably meet up somewhere (possibly my house) or organize and then head out (possibly as early as 7am!) So if your not willing to wake up a bit earlier and sleep on the way there and grab something for brekfast along the way (probably McDonalds for lunch since it's on the base). Let me know if you really don't wanna wake up that early. Cause it probably gonna end up being a pretty much all day thing. We should be back by 4pm.

Ok now that i've thouroughly spammed the subject of the paintballing on the 16th...

The go cart racing looks pretty fun, i'd be up for that in the summer. Just give me a bit of notice and i'll be there.

Ok, for the entire day per person (including a gun, with infinite gas refills for the day... (however we will probably have to buy paint) it cost 32$ a person

If you want to upgrade guns and get the slightly better equipment (i might do this just to see how the slightly better guns work) it's approximately 9$ more, however you have to pay for gas refils 1$

100-round bag: $4.00

500-round bag: $16.00

$ 32 - basic kit with infinite refills EDIT : plus apprently 500 paintballs

$ 9 - upgraded kit

$ 20 - paintballs (1*500 + 1*100)

________

$61

Still sounds about right :|

The rentals come with 500 rounds for the basic package, possibly more for the upgrade (i doubt it though) So that takes the cost down to 61$ on your estimate, but like a said I think we might be able to get away with using and bringing our own paint, which would be quite a bit cheaper. (approx 30-35$ a case of 2000). Also we would probably go communist and just share paint amongst everyone, since that way it brings down the costs even more so.

My goal is less than 50$ per person for the whole day. I think realistically if you don't want to spend that much money i could get it down to 40$ or so. Cause after all it is only 32$ for basic package which includes 500 rounds then you can buy into a case that we bring along and get another 500 for around 7.50$ which is about as low as it will go. I did happen to use the low end rental gear this past time and there's nothing wrong with it. Since most of the group i'm trying to get will be renting there is no disadvantage to getting the rental gear. So my goal is to get my list of people set up by this weekend which will allow a certain amount of spots for you guys to invite people (i have a feeling you guys will be able to invite a few). Anyhow i'll update this as the day grows closer and i figure out the details.

As for the rental gear, I'm not even sure what the upgraded packages include but I've only been paintballng once ever.

I've never actually played speedball so I don't now how it goes there. I've only played scenarios and in the scenaros that i've played, I've had just about as much fun s I did for airsoft mainly due to the great design of the map (mainly trenches and hills with a number of thngs to hide behidn and etc.) but it was really good and would've been great for both paintballing and airsoft. If only the Tombstone field was still up as the other fields i've seen through internet pics are pretty crappy in comparison.

Anyways, I hopefully we'll be able to share some of the paintballs. In the mean time, i'll be researching airsoft fields!

As for the rental gear, I'm not even sure what the upgraded packages include but I've only been paintballng once ever.  

I've never actually played speedball so I don't now how it goes there. I've only played scenarios and in the scenaros that i've played, I've had just about as much fun s I did for airsoft mainly due to the great design of the map (mainly trenches and hills with a number of thngs to hide behidn and etc.) but it was really good and would've been great for both paintballing and airsoft. If only the Tombstone field was still up as the other fields i've seen through internet pics are pretty crappy in comparison.

Anyways, I hopefully we'll be able to share some of the paintballs. In the mean time, i'll be researching airsoft fields!

speed ball is better imho

because everytime i play scenario half of the time i have no idea where to shoot and where the shoots are coming from. (maybe if you play the map multiple times you kinda have an idea where stuff are but other than that. it sucked)

in speed ball we dont have hills and its prety much a big box;

and you know where to shoots and stuff.

Well, I sorta like the whole realistic idea of having to figure out where to shoot and trying to figure out where shots are coming from. This is a main reason why I like playing new maps in games (especially CS), so that I have to constantly test myself to figure out where the campers "might" be hiding instead of where they actually are on maps that I do know.

Anyways, thats just my personal preference. This is why I think Ghost Recon RULES. As you have only a few moments to figure out where your enemy is and shoot him back.

Bump

Also, I seem to be having a bit of trouble lining up people to go. So it's open now for whoever wants to invite people. I would prefer it if you approve them through me first, so that I have an idea of what I need to line up by this Friday. If i can't get 15 People lined up by Friday then I guess we just won't have it and I'll have to shoot crows with my bow or something.