Tactically Inept

[Movie] Scott Pilgrim vs. the World (2010)

kuhla

imdb - https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0446029/

I watched this on Sunday after seeing people directly reference it and mention it for years online. Even though the premise did not interest me, I decided to give it a shot to try and understand why it has this cult following (I kind of hate that term). Long story short: I did not hate it but I did not like it. One of the biggest reasons is the main character. He is such an unlikable person that I never found myself really "cheering" for him. Other than that, I do have to say that the movie was very unique visually and with it's super fast pacing and strange mix of real-and-fantasy where nobody acknowledges that impossible things are happening. Since it's kind of a comedy romance action something movie I guess it's easy to watch but I'm not sure I would recommend it. 

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Jedi2155 said:

I love that movie.....got me first interested in Brie Larson too as I preferred her voice at that band vs. the original metric artist.

Yeah I did the same. After watching the movie I went and listened to the original song. I agree. I like the version in the movie better. The vocals have a bit more power in the movie.