Tactically Inept

Asus Eee PC.

kuhla

I've probably way overestimated but thats just some labs. Where we need 2 or 3 chips per lab (with them varying in cost fomr $2-5 each) and we had 7 labs.

We get use the same stuff in later classes so its fine

Does CalPoly have a IEEE shop? That's where most students buy there stuff at CSUF, but not me. It's cheaper at Fry's by a decent margin. Many chips $1.50 for a chip at IEEE shop but only $0.89 at Fry's. Some classes have pre-made kits usually for $15 which you can buy separately at Fry's for maybe $8.

No, we don't have a shop of any kind catering to engineering students. We only have a bookstore and food shops around campus. We do have a stockroom in our engineering building providing free parts though (they are all donated to our department on the kindness companies). And we also have some minor things we can buy such as breadboards, wire clips and bnc connectors which they charge about $15 for the small and $30 for the large (whereas Fry's charges about $25/$50 respectively for the small and large boards).

Generally the stuff I need to get I usually go to Orvac or Ford eletronics as Fry's usually don't have them or just don't have them in stock. Although I don't check regularly for the chips....I should though.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I was reading that as well...but I'm betting the WiMax equipment and all the other things will add a minimal of $100 to the price (unless the WiMax is subsidized as the chips is actually quite expensive typically around $150+)

It offers a lot more than the eeepc or current cloudbook in terms of features that I think may be worth it. It all depends on price.