Tactically Inept

LA Auto Show 2021

T1no

3 hours ago, Jedi2155 said:

So I'm talking with my coworker who is looking to buy an EV in the next year or so.

11 AM Saturday 11/20 at the LA convention center. You guys interested in coming along?

Carpooling not going to work. We are coming at it from a different direction freeway.

11:00am would work for me but I actually was hoping for even 10:00am.

1 minute ago, kuhla said:

Carpooling not going to work. We are coming at it from a different direction freeway.

11:00am would work for me but I actually was hoping for even 10:00am.

I was going to carpool with my coworker who lives in Upland next to me with his GF and friend. So we already have 4 in my car. My plan was to arrive at 11, but I can do 10 AM and leave at 9 AM as well, if they're up to it as well. They'll be happy to join you guys and chat along the way.

@T1no: If we leave Brea at 8:30am on Saturday, we likely get there no later than 9:15am. Add time to park and walk and we probably get inside by 9:30am. I think after 3 hours (probably less) we are probably pretty done with everything. We leave and can do lunch somewhere close nearby or come back to OC for lunch. Back home by mid-late afternoon. How does that plan sound?

I did a quick search but do not see any ticket discounts/coupons so it's $20 a person. Buying ahead of time versus in front of the event probably good idea.

On 11/16/2021 at 3:42 PM, Jedi2155 said:

Did we still want to align ourselves here or just do things separate?

You referring to the group you are driving? I think your group will be focusing/interested in different cars for the most part. I figure we will probably join up for a bit when both groups are already there but probably not stick together.

1. Toyota Sequoia
    1. Do I fit? No.
    2. Sat in this randomly. I think it was the first car we saw. I was surprised that it is such a big car but it was very small inside.
  2. Toyota Corolla Cross
    1. Do I fit? Yes
    2. I vaguely knew this came out but forgot about it. Kind of surprised me. Kind of basic but it was a good size.
  3. Mazda3
    1. Do I fit? No.
    2. It was a wagon shape and if you showed me the specs you could have just told me it was a Mazda Speed3 and I would have believed you.
  4. Chevy Trailblazer
    1. Do I fit? Yes.
    2. I don't really know what this is or how it is different from the just "Blazer".
  5. Chevy Colorado
    1. Do I fit? Yes.
    2. I already expected to fit in this. I have been fitting in this for years. It's a nice truck imho.
  6. Hyundai Santa Cruz
    1. Do I fit? Yes.
    2. I had already seen some videos about this "ute" but somehow in person it actually seemed like a pretty OK all around vehicle with many possible use cases. Of course people are going to complain that it's trying to be a truck but it is not. I disagree with those people.
  7. Hyundai Ioniq 5
    1. Do I fit? Yes.
    2. Odd looking outside. Odd looking inside. Seat and steering wheel had odd ergonomics. Just felt odd.
  8. Kia EV6
    1. Do I fit? No.
  9. Kia Forte
    1. Do I fit? No.
  10. Subaru Crosstrek
    1. Do I fit? No.
    2. Just a perpetual feeling of disappointment with this vehicle.
  11. Subaru Forester
    1. Do I fit? Yes.
    2. Just feels like a more complete package compared to the Crosstrek.
  12. Subaru Solterra
    1. Do I fit? Maybe? The vehicle had no power and the seat was in a bad position for me but I could not adjust it.
    2. Solterra left a good impression on me even having seen some videos online beforehand. Respect to Subaru for putting this out on the floor that you could get in and another one up on a platform for a presentation. Toyota brought the BZRZRB4 whatever name but only put it on a platform. The whole presentation at Subaru was this like Rainforest Cafe vibe with a rescue dog petting zoo section that was kind of cool.
  13. Ford Fake Bronco
    1. Do I fit? Yes.
  14. Ford Maverick
    1. Do I fit? Yes.
    2. I already had some idea of what to expect on this one but was still kind of impressed. The compact size/shape, interior, everything seems to be very pragmatic and useful. Combined with the hybrid engine. I hope they sell a lot of these instead of Rangers, F-150s, etc. 
  15. Ford Mach-E
    1. Do I fit? Yes.
  16. Ford Bronco
    1. Do I fit? Yes but they only had 1 model you could get it in the soft cover.
  17. VW ID4
    1. Do I fit? Yes.
    2. It basically was what I expected it to be. Rear leg room seemed very large for a vehicle of this size.
  18. VW Taos
    1. Do I fit? Yes
    2. It looks kind of like a Golf and feels like one too.