Tactically Inept

Civilian Border Patrol Operations Reported to Mexico

kuhla

There have been no posts in this section for too long now... time to break it in some... stay on topic! and be serious! or else .... I'll bust out the admin powaz and delete yo as-inine replies

##############################

source - http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,194769,00.html

LOS ANGELES ? The U.S. Border Patrol is alerting the Mexican government to the locations of civilian border patrol groups when the organizations help detain suspected illegal immigrants or use violence against them, according to a published report.

U.S. Customs and Border Protection spokesman Mario Martinez told the Inland Valley Daily Bulletin of Ontario that the policy is meant to assure the Mexican government that migrants' rights are being observed.

The policy pertains to groups including the Minuteman Civil Defense Corps and the Friends of the Border Patrol, a Chino-based nonprofit.

"It's not a secret where the Minuteman volunteers are going to be," Martinez said Monday. "This ... simply makes two basic statements -- that we will not allow any lawlessness of any type, and that if an alien is encountered by a Minuteman or arrested by the Minuteman, then we will allow that government to interview the person."

Minuteman members, however, said the Border Patrol's policy negates the private group's effectiveness and could endanger their lives.

"Now we know why it seemed like Mexican officials knew where we were all the time," said Chris Simcox, the organization's founder. "It's unbelievable that our own government agency is sending intelligence to another country. They are sending intelligence to a nation where corruption runs rampant, and that could be getting into the hands of criminal cartels."

The Daily Bulletin said it was unable to reach officials with the Mexican consulate in Washington, D.C. on Monday.

TJ Bonner, president of the Border Patrol agents' union, said members have long complained that the Mexican government has undue influence over U.S. enforcement policies.

"That's not a legitimate role for any foreign nation," Bonner said.

I would write a little opinion but I have to get back to this 2 page essay due in 1 hour that I just barely started.

Summary of my opinion: I don't like what the Border Patrol is doing at this point from what I have just read.

It's ridiculous if you ask me. Recently I have been reading and thinking of what else can get across this pathetic picket fence we call the United States border. The government fails to act, so we are forced to... but this just goes beyond all logic.

Speaking of border security... think how easy it would be for terrorists to get into our country like that.

• 6 years later...