Tactically Inept

BATTLEFIELD4

T1no

Dual monitor stuff being? In general it looks better than bf3, not by a huge margin but it's noticeable. Although when the big building goes down everything is covered in gray dust and the detail for the entire center of the map goes to shit.

The crashes are server side not client side tino (at least for me) whenever I've had crashes, other people have crashed too, and I've noticed servers empty out really hard right after I've "crashed."

The weapons/vehicles are as follows: ak-12 you can spray and it does decent damage, the carbines are complete shit, the support weapons are also pretty shit. I still don't know how to use the airburst on the xm-25. The mg's from vehicles seem rather muted, most of the time it takes quite a few rounds to actually kill someone with a tank mg or a .50 cal gunner position. There also seems to be a weird reload mechanic on all vehicles. There seems to be the traditional reload and then a sort of rearm. The rearm is how fast you earn more ammo, so you can run out of ammo if you just spray super hard with various vehicles. I understand why they did it, but the UI does not convey this very well. Tanks are pretty stong still, I went 17-1 the first time I grabbed one. The unlocks right now seem a little strange, it's probably them being cautious because they want people to slowly unlock things rather than just get all the weapons immeadiately, but it does feel a little bit slower. There are 2 weapons per class in the beta, and some various attachments for each one. I really wish they would either bring back the ability to choose which weapons you unlock or they made weapon unlocks faster and ranks mean prestige and playtime rather than access to more weapons. The xp grind in bf3 wasn't fun and I don't anticipate this game to be much different.

I've tried both sizes of map, the large map is pretty damn large (think ground size of karkand, but more vertical) and the small map is more the size of conquest mode grand bazar.

I can't stream this game at ultra (go figure) it makes it nearly unplayable in vehicles that move quickly and feels very sluggish. Oh well, I didn't really plan on streaming this all that much, if I feel really motivated I'll try tweaking a few settings and see what happens.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2955065213641481781/

- We received report of unusually low performances, and are currently looking into that as well.

- We have received reports of High CPU usage from our users, ranging from 80% to 100%. This has been forwarded to our Team for further investigation.

ok i roll back to 327.23

works better much better

stable frame rate.

no more 100% cpu load.

not saying this fix it since i only play in 1 64 player server.

the frame drop is much more understandable when there is a fuck ton of stuff exploding etc..

soo give it a try. back to official whql release 327.23

dice need some halp

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2955065670099272444/1/

The server we played on last night also had transport helicopters on pretty much instant respawn. We had several occasions where people would grab the bomb and then get into the helicopter and fly in super low full retard spetsnaz mode to plant the bomb. It was very entertaining. The downside is that the games don't have timers on them, so you can sometimes have very long dead heat matches, I think there needs to be some sort of time limit or objective limit. Maybe after a set time limit only require the team to plant, not defend or just hold the bomb for 30 second consecutively.

I also want to see how rush mode shakes down on their maps, it was probably the most focused game mode they had, and one of my personal favorites for the series.

The patch from yesterday was night and day. I get 60fps a lot of the time with drops to high 40s in medium to high action and high 30s in extreme rediculousness.

Despite that vast improvement I still think the game, on mostly ultra settings, is still leaves a lot to be desired graphically. I hope it is just this map that looks so flat.

Water physics are kind of neat.

The water physics seem to be back in. It gets really crazy if you get a helicopter flying flow over the water, you'll notice it creates decent waves.

The ak-5c is really solid, it might be the ump of this beta.

The anti-air LAV is once again one of the most broken pieces of shit in the game. It destroys infantry faster than tanks, it destroys any air, it's only weakness is tanks which very rarely get close. If you want to be an annoying (but high scoring) asshole just camp that thing on an obliteration map, you'll kill every aircraft and probably a few parachuting infantry.

The RPG lockon is a 1 shot kill on the attack helicopters, I think the transports might be able to survive 1 shot.

I love flying in this game but there are certainly times where it's very heavy handed in terms of balancing. Tank main cannons and helicopter missiles seem to do almost no damage to infantry, the secondaries seem to do decently though.

Also the pickup weapons in this game are very strong, for example:

HMV-1
This weapon causes 33% damage to tank frontal armour, and between 50-67% sides/rear/top. (with all 3 rockets).
Causes 90% damage to jeeps (with one rocket).
Scout helis are insta-killed.
Lock on time is 2 seconds, range is 500m.
Stinger lock on is 1.5 seconds with 350m range.
Unique ability is the ability to re-lock. Because the HMV-1 fires 3 rockets at once, if they are flared away, reload, then re-lock

I initially went in with a somewhat underwhelming feeling, but over the past week the game has seemingly gotten a bit better. Obliteration mode is pretty damn fun. I did end up pre-ordering and I have a feeling i'll enjoy the game when it releases in a couple of weeks.

Hmm. Well, it is a nice price cut but I don't think I will be braving the crowds for that deal.

Speaking of which, I'm kicking myself about this, but I have no tried to reorder BF4 after the bank thing (Tino and malaphax know what I'm talking about). Yesterday I was kind of blasted and needed to just devolve into my couch and watch stuff. Was a long day at work.