Tactically Inept

[Movie] Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens

kuhla

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

New official poster:

b5Tf96Y.jpg

source - http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/trailers/623587-new-star-wars-footage-in-the-force-awakens-trailer-teases#/slide/1

The trailer will debut on Monday, October 19, during halftime of the National Football League (NFL) game between the New York Giants and the Philadelphia Eagles in Philadelphia. The game starts at 5:15 p.m. PDT/8:15 p.m. EDT. Following the trailer launch, tickets to the highly-anticipated cinematic event will be on sale everywhere movie tickets are sold.

So I want to see this opening day... and I imagine tickets will go fast... I'm not sure what I'm going to do but I have 24 hours sort of think about it. Anyone else want to see it opening day?

I will do this.

I'm up for it.

I'm not skipping work or leaving early to line up for tickets. I would probably go after work (after 5pm). Chances are very good I would be buying tickets for Edwards in Brea and it would be a 2D showing at an as-of-yet-unknown-time that is completely subject to availability. I fully expect some people to be lining up tomorrow to get tickets.

If either or both of you are ok with all these conditions and want me to buy a ticket for you, I don't mind, but I won't just assume. If you want to discuss it, you got <24 hours to do it.

Do I want to try for Edwards Irvine Spectrum 21 IMAX & RPX?

source - https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWars/comments/3pctos/presale_tickets_megathread/

All the news sites and blogs are reporting that tickets won't go on sale in USA/Canada until after the trailer shows on TV. This is likely confirmed by ESPN to happen during halftime around 9:30PM EDT.

I assume tickets will start selling around 6:30pm PST.

Actually, the actual movie is going to be on Thursday night Friday morning on the 12/18? Crap, my wife has her RN exam scheduled that morning and can't stay out.

I'm going to double check with her again, but until I say otherwise, count me out. Boo.

I'm not dead set on seeing it at midnight especially if it means a packed showing, poor seating options, etc.. I'm not actually a big fan of midnight showings anyhow. Would you be able/willing to do something mid-day Friday?

I would be willing to pay the extra and go for the IMAX or RPX showings.

There's a small part of me that's interested in seeing the remodeled AMC Fullerton theaters that Richard mentioned in another post. But for Star Wars I'm willing to drive.

I'm willing to pay the extra too. That being the case, at this point in time, I am going to assume I'm driving to Irvine after work. Oh this should be fun.... the 5 fwy south at 5pm on a weekday....

Why are you assuming that you need to buy tickets at the theater? I would call ahead first to make sure. Also check to see if there's an option to purchase these tickets online.

I'm more than willing to go to a Friday matinee (there should be several available). Honestly, just pick a time and place, and I'll pony up the cash and make sure my schedule is free enough to meet you there.

Why are you assuming that you need to buy tickets at the theater? I would call ahead first to make sure. Also check to see if there's an option to purchase these tickets online.

I'm more than willing to go to a Friday matinee (there should be several available). Honestly, just pick a time and place, and I'll pony up the cash and make sure my schedule is free enough to meet you there.

Multiple anecdotes of people having issues with buying tickets online (quickly gone, crashing, etc.) vs people who went in person and had zero getting exactly what they wanted.

IMAX Theater: http://www.regmovies.com/Theatres/Theatre-Folder/Edwards-Irvine-Spectrum-21-IMAX-RPX-1924

Movie: http://www.regmovies.com/search-results?q=Star%20Wars:%20Episode%20VII

It's looking like the only ..... actually if you select for the movie dec 18th it's starting to show times.... it's looking like imax is 3d only which I don't like

IMAX Theater: http://www.regmovies.com/Theatres/Theatre-Folder/Edwards-Irvine-Spectrum-21-IMAX-RPX-1924

Movie: http://www.regmovies.com/search-results?q=Star%20Wars:%20Episode%20VII

It's looking like the only ..... actually if you select for the movie dec 18th it's starting to show times.... it's looking like imax is 3d only which I don't like

GENTLEMEN. I refreshed many times today. I took a leap of faith when I saw an opening around 4:50pm and I have purchased tickets.

The details:

• I bought 5 (five) tickets. Two already confirmed, me and malaphax. I hope more of you will join us.
  • Regal Irvine Spectrum
  • 12:30 pm showing
  • Friday, Dec 18
  • 2D. I prefer this.
  • "RPX Experience"
  • Reserved seating. I would post a picture showing where the seats are that I reserved but the website is dying/dead right now (6:06pm). The seats I picked for us are center/middle of the room.

I have printed out the ticket (one printout, many tickets). I think they might have opened the floodgates early and I was one of the first. My card has been charged.

EDIT: These were the options I was looking at initially. I can barely load this page now... it's dead half the time...

EDIT 2: I was able to pull up a map of the tickets I bought after re-trying the website a few times.

FYI,

Her exam is definitely on December 18th from starting at 8 AM until 3 PM so I will not be able to attend with you guys. I would still love to discuss movie thoughts and feelings when possible. I will be attending a 11:20 PM showing at the Aliso Viejo AMC that night.

Wish you could join us but ok. I will speak for myself and malaphax, we will avoid all discussion on text/forums until you have seen it. You can surf the forum that day without fear or temptation to view spoilers.

• 3 weeks later...

....I bought 5 (five) tickets....

5 weeks away and still only malaphax and me so still 3 tickets available. If anyone wants to come please let me know. I imagine some time is needed to put in time-off requests.

If a couple more weeks go by and no one says anything I'll start asking other people not on this forum. I have no intention of letting these tickets go to waste.

The biggest issue was the time of 12:30 PM which is the middle of most people's work days.

I've used almost none of my vacation hours and none of my sick days. I figured this was a good opportunity to use some. I know some other people have put in similar requests. I also expect Thursday night, Friday night and the rest of that weekend to be an absolute madhouse of people seeing that movie. I'm hoping I can avoid a little of that by doing an earlier showing.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, we are about 3 weeks out. At the dinner at Yori's the other week I had some tentative interest from some of you. I kind of need to set a deadline on this. If I don't get some kind of final answer of who is going/not-going by the end of this week (Fri 4th) from this group, I will start looking for other people.

• 3 weeks later...