Tactically Inept

Overwatch

Malaphax

That's one of the reasons why I hate that big sleeves style.  I know it's a more traditional asian style but it just doesn't fit at all with an irish hero.  Sadly their using the big sleeves as a silhouette point so it looks like they're carrying that design through every single one of her skins. 

Speaking of skins here's some random concept art and some skin concepts.  I can appreciate the David Bowie reference. 

rl7Qxby.png

86zzAaz.pngjEe9iF5.jpgzYpTNUe.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

Actually they list previous skins on their chart, sombra got 1 legendary skin this event and peppermint was from last year.  You have to pay attention to the "new" tag on anything from that page.  Besides D.Va has several really nice skins. 

On the bright side old skins from last years event drop in price to normal instead of 3x for the current event skins. 

• 4 weeks later...

Here's a thread someone is putting together of all the Overwatch League skins that are now available. 
I believe you receive enough credits to buy one of these skins for free.  Each team will use these as digital jerseys when they play matches.  Most people think the Seoul Dynasty skins with Black/Gold combo look the cleanest, while Florida Mayhem looks like Ronald McDonald.  The post is still work in progress but I imagine all the albums will fill out eventually.  Kuhla will want to Houstan Outlaw skins, they're right up his alley. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Currently Blizzard is teasing their next hero release.  It looks like it will be Brigitte (Torbjorn's daughter and Reinhardt's squire). 

I'm not going to post all the various teasers, but people are expecting her to be a tank with a shield and flail, probably with some support abilities. 

The official update went out today with all the changes I listed in the post above. 
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/overwatch-patch-notes-february-27-2018/11078

Blizzard World will be in the new season's map rotation.  New season should start tomorrow, right now ranked in overwatch is.. not great.  Too many people think the off-season means they can troll the shit out of their teammates. 

21 minutes ago, Malaphax said:

I'm not going to post all the various teasers, but people are expecting her to be a tank with a shield and flail, probably with some support abilities. 

Do we need more tanks right now?

*checks count* https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Characters_of_Overwatch

Ok. I guess technically yes. Defense heroes could use some love though too.

Honestly Defense and Offense are semi-interchangeable.  I remember they mentioned that the difference between the two is the amount of space denial that a defense hero brings. 

We're also due for the "Uprising" event in early May which was the PvE against omnics.  Most people are expecting either an evil version of that with a Talon based team, or another mission with different overwatch members - possibly the "new" members and not a past mission. 

58 minutes ago, Malaphax said:

I remember they mentioned that the difference between the two is the amount of space denial that a defense hero brings.

I'm not sure I like that explanation. The difference between the two groups feels much more fundamental. All heroes labeled as "defense" have at least one major mechanic that helps kill the enemy when they enter a certain area. All heroes labeled as "tanks" have at least one major mechanic that helps themselves or others to absorb damage.

Ok so I wrote this whole post talking about tanks vs defense. So it's ok. You can just ignore this.

Someone mentioned that they use the German pronunciation because she was named by Reinhardt, as opposed to using the Swedish pronunciation. 

EDIT: LOL She's like a goddamn beast tamer slapping wild animals out of the air. 

https://clips.twitch.tv/SoftGrossToothRuleFive

Also she has a better version of the moira fade jump - I have a feeling this might get toned down a bit...

22 minutes ago, Malaphax said:

Someone mentioned that they use the German pronunciation because she was named by Reinhardt, as opposed to using the Swedish pronunciation.

Yeah. I heard the name plenty of times from my parents, talking about other people, and the way it is said in the videos is how I have always heard it: "brig - e - te"

I'm just counting the days until Jeff slips up and says: "bridge - et"