• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

103 hp @ ????rpm

184 torque @ 1900rpm

Nice engine for those who are looking for a alternative (prius) high-mpg vehicle but even though the torque is nice, that HP is too low for me, thx.

Thats pretty hardcore, he has my respect, but it isn't street legal so my interest sort ..... meh.

To the Point: The Transverse 7-speed DSG

New "dry" dual clutch improves efficiency

The most prominent component of the DSG is its dual clutch. In comparison to the 6-speed DSG, there is no "wet" clutch in the new transmission ? that is a clutch immersed in an oil bath ? rather a "dry" clutch. That too is a world first for DSG technology. This and other engineering modifications led to significant improvements to the DSG?s efficiency. The result: Further reduced fuel consumption and emissions values, even greater convenience and driving fun.

Interesting Figures from the DSG World

0.4 liters fuel per 100 kilometers fuel savings on Golf TSI (122 PS) plus 7-speed DSG compared to identically powered counterpart with 6-speed manual transmission

1.7 liters of oil are at work in the 7-speed DSG

6 models can currently be ordered with 7-speed DSG

6.5 liters of oil are at work in the 6-speed DSG

70 kilograms is the weight of the 7-speed DSG

93 kilograms is the weight of the 6-speed DSG

105 PS is the power output of the currently "smallest" Volkswagen engine with DSG

140 degrees (maximum) hot oil surrounds the control module (mechatronics) on the 6-speed DSG

226 employees work in DSG production

250 Newton-meter is the maximum torque of engines that are paired with Volkswagen?s 7-speed DSG

300 PS is the power output of the currently "largest" Volkswagen engine with DSG

350 Newton-meter is the maximum torque of engines that are paired with Volkswagen?s 6-speed DSG

750 7-speed DSGs are already being produced every day at transmission plant in Kassel

1,500 6-speed DSGs leave the Kassel transmission plant daily

2003: first 6-speed DSG is introduced (on the Golf R32)

2004: 6-speed DSG is used in combination with a turbodiesel for the first time (on Golf TDI and Touran TDI with 105 PS and 140 PS, respectively)

2004: new Golf GTI offers a TSI paired with DSG for the first time

2005: first Bugatti Veyron 16.4 with DSG is delivered

2007: new Golf TSI with 122 PS and 7-speed DSG already places 2nd in Environmental Automobile List of the Verkehrsclub Deutschland (VCD; "German Travel Club") for the compact class

2007: Golf GT Sport with 170 PS strong TSI plus 6-speed DSG wins Technological Innovation of the Year award in Barcelona

2007: at the end of this year series production was started for the 7-speed DSG

2008: new Golf TSI with 122 PS and 7-speed DSG earns "Yellow Angel 2008" award by ADAC in "Innovation and Environment" category

150,000 6-speed DSGs ? this DSG production milestone was surpassed at the Kassel transmission plant in 2005

400,000 is the number of Volkswagens sold worldwide with DSG in 2007

1,000,000 6-speed DSGs ? this DSG production milestone was surpassed at the Kassel transmission plant in 2007

2,000,000 is the number of test kilometers covered by the 7-speed DSG over the course of its development

Note:

All data and equipment contained in this press release apply to models offered in Germany. They may differ in other countries. All information is subject to change or correction.

TDI, TSI, DSG and Twincharger are registered trademarks of Volkswagen AG or other companies of the Volkswagen Group in Germany and other countries.

http://www.fourtitude.com/news/publish/Aud...icle_3765.shtml

Product Release: C2 Motorsports Stage 1 / 2 Turbo kit for 2.5 5-Cyl Rabbit & Jetta - $3999

so yeah apparently these guys are working closely with VWOA cause that thunder rabbit that we saw at SEMA a while ago is equipped with this turbo kit.

Posted Image

VW 2.5L Turbo Kit

Stage 1: 220whp

Stage 2: est 250whp

If you have any doubts remaining about C2's programming prowess on the 2.5L engine, it has just been announced that Volkswagen of America has sent their 2006 SEMA 2.5 Turbo project to C2 for further upgrades for the 2008 season! That alone speaks volumes for Jeff and Chris's attention to detail and the mastery of the software.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3656458

2.5L mod list

shits are coming

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3668678

LNT CAI

DUDE FREAKING EPIC

Posted Image

i wanna call bullshit but ............... LOL

103 hp @ ????rpm

184 torque @ 1900rpm

Nice engine for those who are looking for a alternative (prius) high-mpg vehicle but even though the torque is nice, that HP is too low for me, thx.

Thats pretty hardcore, he has my respect, but it isn't street legal so my interest sort ..... meh.

ok you had me -REALLY- interested in this thing until i actually read the article. because ~50mpg on an non hybrid just seemed too good to be true. and .. it was. the car is a diesel. as in. higher gas prices, more pollution. though it might be kinda cool to fill up in the diesel section of the gas station every time, diesel prices are on the up whereas gasoline has recently been going down. diesel also pollutes more than gasoline (on average) and although i dont know the emission specs on this vehicle, i wouldnt be too far off to think its worst off than most hybrids. that said - if this car was a gasoline model i'd buy it over a prius and probably over a corolla/civic as well.

While petrol diesel-powered cars of equivalent displacement nearly always have substantially better fuel economy than equivalent gasoline engines, they do not produce significantly less greenhouse gas pollution. Their greater economy is due to the higher energy per-litre content of diesel fuel, a reduction maintenance costs due to fewer parts and longer engine life, and also because of the intrinsic efficiency of the diesel engine. Without emission controls, petrodiesel's 15% higher density results in 15% higher greenhouse gas emissions per litre compared to gasoline,[3] The 20?40% better fuel economy achieved by modern diesel-engined automobiles does not offset the higher-per-liter emissions of greenhouse gases, nor significantly lower carbon dioxide emissions per kilometre since the production of each gallon of diesel requires 17%-25% more oil and releases 17% more heat-trapping gas than gasoline.[4] However, biodiesel-powered diesel engines offer substantially improved emission reductions compared to petro-diesel or gasoline-powered engines, while retaining most of the fuel economy advantages over conventional gasoline-powered automobiles.

- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diesel

ULSD only applies to sulfer emissions from diesel engines. If and when biodiesel becomes a reality for availability in us/eu then diesel can and will be a good (if not better) alternative.

It's just US that doesn't have sufficient amounts of Biodiesel available. <_<

Yea, and that's pretty much the only reason I don't throw my support behind it.

what do you mean by new diesel engine? are you talking about the new mercedes BLUETEC or the tdi/sdi diesel engines in general?

The ones you mentioned would be the newer type, yes. The problem is the older engines used the sulfur as a major lubricant. With ULSD having significantly less sulfur this can cause problems in older style diesel engines, causing them to run not as efficiently. Most of the newer diesel engines (last few years in Europe) would have absolutely no problem with ULSD. This is one of the reasons we hear more about European diesels coming over here in the last few years. Now that ULSD is (by law) replacing all the diesel sold on the streets here, European car companies can just bring their car over, with no need to change anything in the engine, and sell it.

hmm 08 model is much smoother but the output is lower lol

Looking only at the intake + GIAC numbers in both graphs I think the outcome is more mixed than that. The 2.5L-170 gets 1hp more, 11ft-lb torque less but a straighter power curve. I don't think many people will notice the slightly less torque but they will fell the very consistent pull. In the end, totally guesstimating based on those graphs, I think the 2.5L-170 will feel slightly better but only slightly.

well its not for sure yet. but its a 1st step.

got an estimate today. 2200 with labor

new sunroof + new back panel + new shark fin antenna + paint back panel/antenna.

ok so i got a call today from union pacific and they said they will send us a check based on the lowest estimate that i have submitted. which is around 1972 dollar.

but i have to have my mom call them back on monday cause shes not here right now and they need her social security #

but yeah i think they will pay for it.

but i was thinkin. my sunroof cost 600 dollar. maybe i can save that money for something else, cause the dmg is not that bad. we'll see.

haha i got this shit from commonwealth vw/audi

good for body kit, wheels, or chip. hahahaha

You may be eligible this month for a limited-time, exclusive Owner Loyalty Rebate on the purchase or lease of ANY new VW. This exclusive rebate is only valid through February 29th. So HURRY! Call the Internet Sales Team NOW to arrange a test-drive. (714) 565-7500 Ask for the Internet Department. Here is what's available: $1,000 on GTI, New Beetle, New Beetle Convertible, Rabbit, R32, Jetta or EOS $2,000 on Passat Sedan or Wagon $2,000 on Touareg Don't wait. You only have a few days left.

source : i got it from email