Health & Fitness Thread

kuhla

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's going to be kind of interesting because for the first time I'll be doing my gym workouts in the morning, right after breakfast, before class. Got up early this morning to do that. Was nice.

This has gotten progressively worse over time to the point now where I'm seriously thinking of moving my schedule around so that they are NOT in the mornings. This is how it is technically supposed to work on M/W/F:

6:30am --- Alarm clock goes off. Breakfast. Dress. etc.

7:30am --- Walk into gym. Workout. etc.

9:30am --- Walk into shower.

10:00am --- Class.

In the last 3-4 weeks I've just about always ended up getting up at 7:30am, leaving home at 8:20am, shortening my workout by completely cutting out certain exercises, leaving only the trail running as cardio. I'm pretty unhappy with this. I've tried going to bed earlier and it doesn't seem to help much. It wouldn't be too hard to change it to teusday morning, thursday afternoon, saturday afternoon. I may try that for a while.

I'm wondering if I will wake up tomorrow....

Posted Image

......because I'm already feeling pretty sore from the leg portion of today's workout and that usually means DOMS is going to hit tomorrow. Debating whether I'm going to do my workout tomorrow which is lower body day :mellow:

Was happy I didn't get DOMS yesterday after my Friday bout of badminton but I nearly died this morning-- mostly the left calf. Guess this is what I get for being inactive during the week. But it felt so good to be on the badminton courts again. Probably going again on Friday afternoon this week. Call me up if you guys want to hit some birdies on Friday.

@Ren: Aaron is getting much better. His footwork still needs some finesse but he can receive 85% of all hits ranging from drops, clears, and drives. He can't return any smashes yet but neither can I so I'm not going to judge him on that.

Another side note: I forgot to bring my ankle wrap on Friday but I didn't sprain my ankle which i'm really happy about. I was pretty cautious about how my foot landed for the first half hour I was there then I forgot about it but nothing happened. I've been stretching and doing the exercises Kuhla linked me to earlier and it seems to be helping. (Thanks!)

I don't think I'll be running today because I have some errands to run right after work and I don't think I will be done with them in time.

I'm also somewhat sure that I will be skipping running wednesday to make more time for studying for a test I have this week (thursday).

No more trail running until rain season is over. I don't like trekking in mud.

Health wise, I haven't been exercising that much this week mainly due to a barrage of homework that I procrastinated on during the weekend (shame on me). My exercise regime consisted of squats and leg lifts. I've lost my sense of appetite and only eat to sustain myself which is predominately breakfast, a normal lunch, and half the portion I normally eat for dinner or I skip dinner altogether.

I suppose once I start up on exercise again, my body will demand more sustenance.

No more trail running until rain season is over. I don't like trekking in mud.

Lame.

Health wise, I haven't been exercising that much this week mainly due to a barrage of homework that I procrastinated on during the weekend (shame on me). My exercise regime consisted of squats and leg lifts. I've lost my sense of appetite and only eat to sustain myself which is predominately breakfast, a normal lunch, and half the portion I normally eat for dinner or I skip dinner altogether.

I suppose once I start up on exercise again, my body will demand more sustenance.

x2 on everything.

Yup, good foot support is important. Check out Kuhla's previous post on proper running form.

++++

Played some badminton yesterday. Calves hurt during the play but not anymore. I'm thinking my onset of delayed muscle soreness will hit sometime tomorrow-- maybe. I'll stretch out tonight to counteract that.

Still had a small appetite yesterday despite exercising. Something is definitely fishy and I'm not talking omega-3.

when i have a small appetite i just force myself to eat, especially extra protein

and my legs were kind of sore but i think its mostly from the fact that we spent like an hour and a half standing there

seriously next time ask to play doubles or something around the 30m mark

for the last half hour i just kept thinking in my head "they're going to stop soon, right?"

Sorry... Aaron was there and playing with 3 people is kind of retarded. Plus Jason was sitting by himself so I figured we may as well all play together?

Was kind of boring tho but we did get a good hour of gamage prior.

seriously next time ask to play doubles or something around the 30m mark

Aaron was there and playing with 3 people is kind of retarded. Plus Jason was sitting by himself so I figured we may as well all play together?

yes thats fine and all but completely missing the point of what I said which was lets play doubles.

I cannot make it any clearer than that, if you still don't get it I give up. :|

Oooh... I misread twice.

<_<

We weren't just standing there for an hour and a half before we played doubles! We ran around a lot. Besides, I don't know how you can be sore from just standing. If you mean we were just standing there while playing doubles, that I can agree with.

Pft. Jason and I would have slaughtered you guys then. You have the skills but you're not a doubles player.

I think Jay was a really good partner. When I was up front, he immediately took back. If I went back, he took front. The synergy was there.