kuhla

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So that's what this is called... *looks down at tummy*

Spare tire, muffin top... balloon of guilt...

I need to start running again; I literally don't have time but I need to start waking up early on Saturdays and force myself to do it.

• 2 weeks later...

Made a really stupid mistake today and had to shorten my run to 3 miles. My thighs are large enough that they rub together and for this reason, when planning to run, I usually make sure that I'm wearing low friction running shorts (which have a smooth, seamless interior liner) and my long compression briefs. This completely slipped my mind today because it was overcast and a bit windy so I thought it wouldn't be such a bad idea to run with sweatpants on. My sweatpants are NOT low friction and have large seams inside. To make matters worse, I was wearing one of my shorter boxer briefs instead of my compression briefs. This means that at this moment, the insides of my upper thighs are a nice bright red color, like they got a rug burn and are giving a nice dull, constant pain. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Today could have been another notch on the 5 mile scoreboard.

If you are really into military style fitness, which means a heavy cardio emphasis, the USMC has apprently put up a ton of workouts.

Can be found here: https://fitness.usmc.mil/Pages/HITTAcademy.aspx

It seems like a bit of cross fit influence in there but..... you know I should properly make a post about corssfit to properly state my grievances with it because it's not that straightforward.

I hear they taste differently-- care to comment?

I can't say I noticed any different taste between steel cut and instant. It was dramatically different texture though. One was like fine grain which became more mushy, the other was big chewy pieces that was more chunky.

• 2 weeks later...
http://www.npr.org/blogs/thesalt/2013/03/09/173840841/gluten-goodbye-one-third-of-americans-say-theyre-trying-to-shun-it?utm_source=NPR&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=20130307

Sure, we know that gluten-free is the Jennifer Lawrence of food trends. But we were still startled to hear that one-third of Americans say they're trying to avoid gluten. Really?

Latest fad. Nothing more. Most people who have done any personal research into nutrition saw how silly this was from a mile away.

Watch, lots of people will claim they are feeling better since going gluten free and this fad will take a long time to slowly taper off. Of course they are failing to correlate their reduced overall carb intake as opposed to anything to do with gluten.

• 3 weeks later...

Alright. I haven't exercised in probably more than half a year. It took a lot to finally convince me to return. (Well, no not really-- it only took me a glance at the scales to decide that I was going to be morbidly obese if I didn't hit the tracks.)

Boy was it tough. I had to force myself to keep going. I didn't last very long but I'l build my stamina back up sooner or later. Ran on a treadmill, biked, did squats, did sit ups, did more squats, stretched, did some ebi, and pushups.

Didn't do enough of all but lasted for 45 minutes with 20 second breaks. I will be a little sore tomorrow but that's okay.

this is ebi:

• 2 weeks later...

I just came back from my surgery and woooo they really prepare you.....and general aethesia is really powerful stuff...

The most painful part was just the IV needle going into my bicep...

*edit*

About obesity, scales don't tell me anything about my fatness...the amount of chubiness in certain areas tell me that...

Surgery for what?

I hate the gym... everytime i look down to see how many calories i've burned it just looks like a mini-snickers bar. The thought of having to run an extra 3 minutes helps me cut down on junk food consumption.

I would much rather play badminton.

*edit* About obesity, scales don't tell me anything about my fatness...the amount of chubiness in certain areas tell me that...

If only more people realized this. Your waist line is going to tell you more than the scale or BMI "rating".

stop eating carbs. it works. eat meat and meat onry

Most people eat too many carbs. A lot of people think carbs and just think of starchy foods but they forget sugar.

I would much rather play badminton.

You can be very active and still get fat if you keep eating junk. Stop eating junk. Clean up your diet.

Ren is busy for the next 4 weeks so I'll let him speak for himself. I'm in hell for the next 2 weeks until after April 15th then I will be able to breathe (a little). I can squeeze in 2 hours a week for badminton tho.

I'll join you for badminton tennis this Summer or something active. I need to lose my fat.

If only more people realized this. Your waist line is going to tell you more than the scale or BMI "rating".

Thats why I hate it when I complain about me being fat, and everyone says I'm being overdramatic and I'm far from fat. I can see it myself.

I guess what I really should do is stop being so vocal about it.....

Well, I can relate to that but I think you need to just exercise. People are-- nice. They won't tell you the truth unless you're obese.

I'm starting up running again. Also just doing some basic judo uchikomi (just the movements... I don't have a partner to practice with).

A body. I asked Ren.. he's not willing.

My father tried and he got scared and quit after I tried him for 2 times. I got a tire tube to tie to a post at home... but that doesn't work very well.

It's okay tho. I can do the footsteps and general moves without a body but it works better in practice with a partner.

I'm still a yellow. It took me ~1year. I was on and off due to injuries. The dojo i went to starts everyone (adults and kids) at the same belt ranking system. The Orange county Kodokan goes from white to blue for adults and you stay at blue until you're ready to advance.

Here's the belt ranks as I recall: white, yellow, orange, green, blue, purple (?), brown x3, black.

I asked why it was like that this is the grossest story I heard: You start with a white belt but you're not supposed to wash your belts as it has "energy" so all your sweat and hard work turns the white to yellow. After a while the yellow turns to orange. When you advance futher you often get bloody and some algae grow and your belt turns green... then blue... then more blood turns purple... etc etc until you get black.

I wash my belt every time I wash my gi which is every time I go to class. I can't stand the smell of sweat... especially of someone else's sweat on my gi. ugggh.