Tactically Inept

Cell Phones & Service

kuhla

It's just a bumper unless you add a back plate. That seems less ideal than the Ringke case. The ringke also has small nubs which raise the case off of a flat surface which helps keep the camera lens from getting scratched. My bet is that the bumper is also a bit thicker and better than the ringke, but I'm not sure how much I would prefer that over the ringke.

• Replies 941
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So netflix and my chromecast have completely stopped working and I'm not sure what to blame... the phone or the chromecast...

EDIT: After some googling and an error code it was the netflix app on phone. Had to uninstall-re-install it. Working again.

If you like apple's ecosystem then go for the iphone.

I personally would take the credit, I spend only $30/month on my plan and I'd just pocket the $20 towards the next phone I wanted to get.

You could get yourself something new and fancy regardless of what you choose, go wild and grab a galaxy 7 or something.

• 4 weeks later...

my work offered (I asked) for either a iphone6 or $50/month reimbursement. what would you guys take? I have a note 4 fyi.

Alright. This is happening. wat do:

Iphone 6S+

Note 5

Nexus 6P

wait for end of this year's flagships

I will still be on verizon.

Jedi2155 loves his note, and if you don't mind touchwiz then it's a decent phone.

I'm not a huge fan of phablets, and I have come to appreciate my nexus 5X as a very pure Google device, I would also recommend the 6P like Tino. If you like your current note, you can always get a new one.

I don't think this years flagships are going to be phenomenal, I know the HTC 10 is looking decent but not spectacular, the Galaxy S7 looks solid but nothing groundbreaking.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

https://android.googleblog.com/2016/07/stay-connected-abroad-with-high-speed.html

Additional international coverage for Project Fi. I briefly looked through the various countries they support and most major ones seem to have the standard $10/gb of data and $0.20/minute for calls (not on wifi). Calls on wifi do have some charges but seem to lean towards free if you're calling the US.

Also the 5X is $200 and the 6P is $350 right now if you buy them through Project Fi right now.

https://fi.google.com/about/phones/#phone-prices

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • Not Waterproof
  • No Headphone jack
  • No carrier support

The design looks solid, but I feel like this will end up being similar to the 1+ where it's a nice phone, but not amazing, and the lack of carrier support and a few key features makes it an ugly compromise. 
I'll wait to see what Google releases for the pixel 2 line this year, but frankly I'm expecting another ugly and expensive phone with a nice camera.